I love vintage.

This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 11
on Mar 25, 2012 6:57 PM

Hi fellow artists. My name is Nicole and I love to design vintage style jewelry. My heart is stuck on beads, and also in a different time. I love the late 1880's through the early 1900's. So many beautiful things were made during that time. I am so impressed with all the beautiful beaders on the web. I am learning and sharing all the time. 

I call this one Bleeding Heart.  I turned angel wings inward to create a heart, added Czech drops, Austrian crystals and a Swarovski rivoli. .

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 41
blugnu wrote
on Mar 26, 2012 9:32 AM

That is STUNNING, Nicole. Beautiful!!!!  Welcome!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 11
on Mar 26, 2012 10:10 AM

Thank you blugnu, for your kind remarks. Do you seed bead? Are you a vintage spirit like me?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 41
blugnu wrote
on Apr 19, 2012 7:13 PM

I seed bead, but I'm new to it all. And I admire the beautiful jewelery from that time. Not sure I could do more than admire it at this stage. Possibly learn some of the histories . I've seen a lot of wire wrapping from that time. I used to paint houses and it seems the more stiffled the era, the more artistic and colorful the houses became, and so the jewelery, also.

And you're welcome!

Not Ranked
Posts 11
on Apr 20, 2012 8:19 AM

I seed bead too. I love Peyote and enjoy designing pieces that are a combination of Peyote, usually by bezeling a Swarovski stone mixed with filigree of the early 1900's. I want to learn other stitches too, but seem to love Peyote so much I am always creating using that stitch. 

I also like to create using family photos. Here's a necklace that I designed using  clear cabochons and  family photos. It's my niece, one side is her as a baby and the other side she is all grown up!

I love Texas. You are so lucky to live out there. I live in Florida and would rather be out West because of all the history our there. It's nice to meet you, we are about the same age. I would love to see some pretty things that you make. Do you Peyote?

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Jun 6, 2013 2:06 AM

Nice Efforts! I must say.

India specializes in the art of crafting beading jewelery along with the traditional touch.

i have always preferred that.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 147
Handcrafted wrote
on Jun 6, 2013 5:08 AM

These pieces of handmade jewellery are so pretty and I like the personalised piece with the photographs.

The Victorians were very big into there pendants containing pictures and keep sakes.

I like to make charm bracelet and these were very popular in this era.

Again some lovely jewellery pieces.

Handmade jewellery designs found here

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS