Posts 1,830
KipperCat wrote
on Mar 16, 2012 4:21 PM

there's actually a floor in my laundry room

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,522
D.M.Z wrote
on Mar 18, 2012 1:58 PM

Poor Kipper, you must have run out of beading projects............... take one aspirin, get a new bead project  started immediately, and call me in the morning.

So what color is the floor and do you like it? My laundry stack unit is right in my kitchen, so if I don't want to trip over laundry while using the stove or microwave.........I have to clean up the floor. One of my solutions is to have those springy wire laundry baskets and laundry bags which at least keep it all separated and contained and up off the floor. My kitchen is the absolute mose inefficient one I've ever had............EVER. There is no counter space for chopping and prep work and this year is the year we will render the kitchan apart and redo it into a more workable format. Same cabinets and appliances, just rearranged and adding one slide out pantry should do the trick. Donna

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 274
Paka wrote
on Mar 18, 2012 5:30 PM

What is this floor of which you speak?  Do I need one? 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,522
D.M.Z wrote
on Mar 18, 2012 7:14 PM

Paka, No you do not need one................put that evil thought directly out of your mind. The best way to do that is to retire to the official Paka Beading Area and put your mind on beads. Phew, that was close wasn't it?

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 525
on Mar 19, 2012 7:27 PM

Ya'll are cracking me up!

Alas! I know exactly what a laundry room floor looks like. My poor 6' x 4' laundry room has not one, not two, not even three, but FOUR, yes four doors-one in each wall! I have no choice but to know what a laundry room  floor is because at any given moment I must be able to open the door to the backyard, the door to the umm...bathroom (it's really only a toilet-no sink, no tub), the door to the furnace closet and the door from the kitchen into the laundry... And besides the machines that I'm told cleans and dries clothes there is a large thing called a hot water heater and some useful shelves on the wall next to it. And  recycling bins under the shelves. A right "beautiful" tiny space it is.

All of this discussion has distressed me. I must go and have a Drinks now!

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,522
D.M.Z wrote
on Mar 20, 2012 12:19 AM

Our kitchen in (far) northern California was just like that! KITCHEN.................. The house was designed as a sort of a pin ball game where you had to be able to shoot the balls through all rooms all the time. No matter what you wanted to do in that house you had to almost always go through the kitchen, much like your laundry room. With one simple redo though, we moved the kitchen to the "second bedroom" which was actually a dining room and made the kitchen into a laundry/mud room. I'm with you on the martoonie though. Donna

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,830
KipperCat wrote
on Apr 11, 2012 10:14 PM

LOL!  I don't know how I missed all your replies, but I did. Oddly enough, laundry wasn't the main problem in the room, though there often was a LOT of it in there.. It's just that anything we hadn't felt  like dealing with over the past few years got stuck in there.  It had turned into a box and junk room.

Yikes, Shellie! I think you probably win "The screwiest laundry room"  record.     I've seen a few kitchens like that.  They could have been small but functional, but most of  the walls were taken up with doors.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,830
KipperCat wrote
on Apr 11, 2012 10:21 PM

Donna, would you believe I just got tired of the mess?  It happens on occasion.

Btw, if you want any help, or just a sounding board while planning your kitchen changes, the folks in the Kitchens forum on GardenWeb are fabulous.  I learned a lot there when planning my kitchen.  It's the best kitchen I've ever had, and pretty, too - even though after 5 years, it's still not quite finished!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,522
D.M.Z wrote
on Apr 12, 2012 12:21 AM

KipperCat, the good news is that both hubby and I spent years in the construction trades. I was a commercial estimator back east and hubby was a finish carpenter out west. After we met and got together, we hand built a solar passive home in Arizona. It was very tiny, but very open floor plan and we never felt crowded or compressed there. The house in Northern CA with the horrid kitchen was also self-contracted for our redo. We simplified what was sold to us as a two bedroom house (they were using the dining room as a second bedroom..........talk about traffic and through the bedroom no less. So we changed it back to what it probably was to begin with and were delirious and so was the person who bought it when we moved northward. GardenWeb is a great site, I remember years ago someone posted an OT about her basenji's that had half the world laughing. Donna

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS