Silver Tie Affair project

This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
JoleneT@2 wrote
on Mar 10, 2012 5:14 AM

Oh Lordy. Working on the strap section, I worked out that going right is an even row, back left is odd. Following the instructions, not adding 2E when told, it doesn't turn out like the diagram. I thought that maybe adding the 2E on row 28, 32, 35 etc at first and then not the second 2E might work out but no. Esp when it says that decreases occur on the right side of strap (i.e. not adding 2E) but then do you need to drop down without adding a 15. 

Some places on the diagram have an extra 2E mostly on the left side, but sometimes on the right. There is also not a row in between the 15 turnarounds.

The middle part (row 64 etc) is also very confusing. Usually I can just follow a diagram no matter what the instructions.

Any help????  

It's the Feb/March issue (the current one with Jean Powers' project on the front)  on page 52. It's by Glorianne Ljubich. I have also emailed her personally.

Not Ranked
Posts 17
BetsyF@6 wrote
on Mar 10, 2012 12:11 PM

I don't see any reference to what sort of project you're working on.  Sounds like you're working for a pattern of some sort?  And what stitch?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,290
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Mar 10, 2012 6:25 PM

Jolene, we possibly could help, if we only knew what pattern you were talking about.  Where is the pattern, I take it you found the pattern in a Beadwork Magazine, but which one? We are all willing to help you with this, we just need more information.

Happy Beading!!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
JoleneT@2 wrote
on Mar 10, 2012 10:54 PM

It's the Feb/March issue (the current one with Jean Powers' project on the front)  on page 52. It's by Glorianne Ljubich. I have also emailed her personally.

Not Ranked
Posts 17
BetsyF@6 wrote
on Mar 12, 2012 10:25 PM

Hi, Jolene -

I've had a look at the instructions/diagrams for your project, and I don't blame you for getting confused!  Sure is a pretty project, tho, so I hope you can conquer it in the end!

Here's what I do when I've got a complicated diagram where the rows/beads don't obviously line up the way you think they should :

1) Make a xerox copy or two of the diagram in the magazine, so you can mark it up as to which rows (and sometimes which specific beads) you've put into the work, so you can easily see what you've done and which row comes next.  I use a red pen to mark the whole line of beads in the row just completed, and in this case, that would include the 15/0 bead on whichever end it's included on. (I don't mark the actual magazine, because I often need to recheck my work against the diagram more than once, and if I only have the magazine diagram already marked up, there's no way to mark off the rows a second or third time...) 

2) Figure out and write on your xerox copy whether the row numbers are pointing to the bead that begins that row, or if the printed number falls between two rows - especially where there's a 15/0 on the outside, the row number may not line up with the relevant 15/0.  Especially because the 15/0 itself falls 'between' two rows.  If you're marking off your rows and edge beads as they're sewn into the work, it'll be much easier to cross out the row number as you complete that row.

3)  Before you go any further, go back to the first row of your beadwork, and confirm that you've beaded the rows according to the diagram;  as you check the rows in your beadwork, mark them off on a xerox copy of the diagram as if you'd just sewn them.  One of the things you may find is that you miscounted your beads, or your rows, as you worked, which would have thrown off every row you wove after that.  So make sure that your rows, increases and edge beads in particular, are correct before you go any further.

Hopefully, these ideas will help you get on/stay on track, and get the increases and decreases on the proper rows where the belong.

Good Luck!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
JoleneT@2 wrote
on Mar 15, 2012 10:43 PM

Brilliant advice! I'm going to get to it. Thanks for your help.Cool

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 126
ScottishSue wrote
on Mar 31, 2012 3:06 PM

Hello JoleneT:

I just went to     http://www.beadingdaily.com/blogs/beadwork/

At the right hand side, I found and clicked on CORRECTIONS.  I then clicked on BEADWORK and then on 2012.

I found that there are THREE CORRECTIONS listed for "SIlver Tie Affair" by Glorianne Ljubich, page 52 of Beadwork, February/March 2012.

Although I found that there appeared to be errors even in the corrections!!! 

This is what I finally decided the actual corrections should be.  Hope this helps!!!!     ScottishSue

Step 3 (STRAP SECTION 1), Row 64 (found on page 56) reads:

Don’t add the first 2E.  Weave through the previous increase.

But it should read:

Weave through the previous increase; don't add the second 2E.

Step 3 (STRAP SECTION 1), Row 67 (found on page 56) reads:

Weave through the previous increase.  Don’t add the second 2E.  Pass down through 2E,         

string 1B, and pass up through the nearest 1E from the previous row.

But it should read:

Don't add the first 2E; weave through the previous increase. String 2E; pass down         

through 1E, string 1B, and pass up through the nearest 2E.

FIGURE 7 on page 55:

The first 2E of row 102 should be marked in pink.

Not Ranked
Posts 11
on Apr 18, 2013 2:54 PM

Where did you find the 14x20mm cabochon for this necklace? I haven't seen this size anywhere online no matter where I search for it.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 569
Beadiecat wrote
on Apr 18, 2013 5:08 PM

Suzy, I didn't check to see if they had this size specifically, but I have found a place called Glitz and Glamour that sells odd sizes of Swarovski that I am unable to find elsewhere.

Their website look made me wary at first, but I have had no problems ordering from them.

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Not Ranked
Posts 11
on Apr 19, 2013 9:52 AM

Thanks for you help, but from what I can tell they don't have them :/

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 569
Beadiecat wrote
on Apr 25, 2013 11:23 AM

Hmmm...it's a hard site to navigate. I found 15x20 here and here. Do you think you could make that work?

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS