Share Your Beading Space

This post has 86 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,273
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Nov 9, 2008 4:06 PM

I finally had time to organize my work space and had some time to take a few pictures. So here it is my clean for the moment for the most part work space.  Hope this works.Smile I wrote about each space if you are interested it is in my photobucket at the end of my name.

I tried to put the pictures here but I wasn't able to do it.  It would help if I understood more about computers. Sometimes I feel so dump when it comes to computers. My 4 year old great grand daughter knows more about computers than what I know.Sad

I followed the directions that Popnicute gave last week but it just didn't do what I wanted it to. So please go to my Photo bucket page and look. remember also to check out what I wrote under each picture.  

Thanks in advance for looking.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,099
Sherri S. wrote
on Nov 13, 2008 2:43 PM

Hi Sue!

It was fun looking at your work space album!  Can I come over and bead with you sometime???  You have a great set up!

Regarding posting the pictures in the forum, you would need to reduce the size of your pictures considerably so that they fit - I would say reduce them by at least 50%.  Do you have picture editing software on your computer?  If not, I believe that Microsoft Windows comes with a standard image editor in its program.

Once you reduce the size and save the picture on Photobucket, copy the image code at the bottom of the picture in your Photobucket album, then paste it into your post.  If the picture is too big for the space, reduce it a little further using the photo editing software and repeat the process. 

I hope this helps!

Sherri S.

Check out my Etsy Store......

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6321824

Check out my Etsy Beads Store.......

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7141344

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,273
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Nov 13, 2008 7:32 PM

Thanks Sherri,

Yes anytime you want to come over and bead just let me know I am usually here.

The next time I need to post a picture I will try that. Thanks again.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 547
CryssT wrote
on Nov 13, 2008 9:52 PM

Pictures are great and so is your setup. After 4 years full time RVing i'd like a bit more space.  Hopefully, we are here in Texas for several months so i can set up my work in the garage of our toyhauler.  You have it well organized.

cryss

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,273
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Nov 14, 2008 10:00 AM

Thanks Cryss.

My hubby and I are talking buying a 5th wheel and doing the very same thing. He asked me where I would put all my beading things. I said in every crook and cranny; they are small and won't take up much space LOLWink Now the weight may be a problem but of course I didn't tell him that. We are thinking of getting a bunk house to convert into my sewing/beading area. I only have two hobbies thank God. He doesn't have any other then watching sports on the television. We have friends that full time it and they spent last winter in Texas. Where at do you stay while in Texas?

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
lgreen2 wrote
on Nov 18, 2008 11:32 AM

hello all,

I have found that the hardware storage equipment for nuts and bolts, is a boon for storing beads. I got a 2 feet high one with drawers----some are variable with a compartment or 2; clear plastic and hold some larger stones. Then I found 2 smaller ones with 6 drawers with compartments of 3 each, they are on a stand to swivel out for use.

Sounds like your space is very cozy and organized----nice photos. I also use some older vitamin chests with compartments for findings and clasps. Then there is the fishing tackle flat box as well, perfect for small beads too.

south sea pearl

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Alexy wrote
on Nov 22, 2008 12:18 PM

I will not post a pic of my beading space since we live in a small one-bedroom house with no space. I bead wherever I find room. I will however post a pic of my bead cabinet (where I keep everything) on Monday when I get the internet at my place. I like all of your guys bead spaces! 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,144
on Nov 23, 2008 12:48 PM

Alexy:

I will not post a pic of my beading space since we live in a small one-bedroom house with no space. I bead wherever I find room. I will however post a pic of my bead cabinet (where I keep everything) on Monday when I get the internet at my place. I like all of your guys bead spaces! 

And I bead where-ever my wife lets me set up my beading.  I have an Ott lite [table lamp], a piece of flannel [dark front, light back], my bead stash [mostly in a small cart -  $400.00 to $600.00 worth], a few tools, and my beeswax/paraffin block for my thread [oh yes, and my needles and bifocal magnifier with built-in light].

It works, and I have fun.

Stan B.

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Alexy wrote
on Nov 24, 2008 1:27 PM

My bead cabinet that holds all of my things.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Nov 24, 2008 4:14 PM

Damn you guys have more beads then the store in my town ....

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,273
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Nov 24, 2008 6:37 PM

Big Smile My husband tells me all the time that I have more beads then the bead store LOL. I tell him yes, but they have want I need Wink It seems like I never have what I am looking for when starting a project.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,034
Editor
on Nov 25, 2008 6:34 AM

I had a whole room dedicated to my beads, but then once my son was born, we turned that room into his room!  We moved my workspace down into the basement (which is where the previous owner of the house had her craft space), but my son HATES hanging out down there, and I'm not too fond of the space myself.  (It's dark, it's hard to heat, and it's cramped.)  So, this summer I would bring up the items that I need to work on a particular project and I would work on the back porch with the windows open and the breeze blowing in.  Now that it's too cold to work out there, I have moved into the dining room (yikes!) where I have to clear everything off the dining room table before dinner time.  Hmmm...  We're gonna have to get creative about where I set up until my son gets older! 

"Yesterday is history.  Tomorrow is a mystery.  But today is a gift.  That's why it is called the present." -Kung Fu Panda

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Nov 25, 2008 6:57 AM

send the kids to boarding school ... you get the room back ...

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Dec 10, 2008 9:08 PM

Here is the url to some pics of my workspace. Pardon the mess, but it is my organized chaos! *grinz* Hopefully, the pics will be fully uploaded in a few.

http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m51/Alastar_Dragonfly/Workspace/

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,273
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Dec 11, 2008 9:39 AM

I see I am not the only one that is half blind and needs more than one lamp. Big Smile Nice space Billy

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Page 3 of 6 (87 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS