Share Your Beading Space

This post has 86 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 65
Kcrystina2 wrote
on Oct 3, 2008 5:11 PM

lol I guess I should get my space cleaned up and somewhat presentable so I can take a picture too. Think I'll make that my project over the weekend. Finally was able to get my iMac traded in for a Macbook Pro... did that to free up some space on my desktops (got two tables as my work area) to make room for more storage space.

Regards,

Kcrystina
---------------------

Mixed Media Designer
www.kcrystina.artfire.com

Follow me on:
Twitter: kcrystina
FriendFeed: tinastephen

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 50
Goddessjoy wrote
on Oct 3, 2008 10:56 PM

I was planning on getting my bead table straightened up this weekend....and this thread is providing some much needed inspiration for it.

Wish me luck, and if I'm not back in a day or two, send a search party!

Blessings.
Peace.
Joy
www.goddessjoy.com
My Art Fire shop

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 65
Kcrystina2 wrote
on Oct 4, 2008 4:46 AM

Joy, that was my alterer motive to making this thread... inspiration! lol And so far it's given me some great inspiration :)

Regards,

Kcrystina
---------------------

Mixed Media Designer

Follow me on:

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,144
on Oct 4, 2008 8:43 AM

But when I clean up, or re-organize, I can't find anything for weeks!!!  But then I have to share the dining room table with the family at mealtimes, so I still have to straighten it 3X a day; and then it takes 15 min to 1/2 hour to set up again.  It sure is a good thing I enjoy beading, or I'd quit.

BTW: before WW2, my dad was a blacksmith -- I use that style of storage, "there is always a part of it sticking out somewhere", so I just look for it, and go to it. <<g>>

Stan B.

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

wrote
on Oct 4, 2008 2:07 PM

http://gallery.mac.com/jsmaz#100147/CIMG0334&bgcolor=black

Well, here's my little corner of the house.  This is approximately as organized as I ever get (I did a bit of fluff & stuff).  For the life of me I can't get the image to be part of the post, but the link is better than nothing, I suppose.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 50
Goddessjoy wrote
on Oct 5, 2008 12:41 PM

Space is at a premium here. We're in an apartment with only 1,000 square feet, and I took over the dining room as my 'art room'.

Here it is in the day light. Lots of good natural lighting in here. I have a window to my right, and sliding glass patio doors in front of me. It's cluttered, but it's mine and I know where everything it! :)

Here's my immediate work space last night, when I finished cleaning things up. I always have some sort of 'altar' in my creative space with things that inspire me for that season on it. And of course, always a candle burning! The white drawers hold my wire, stringing material, tools, and empty baggies. If you click on the picture to see it larger, you can see on the right side, on the corner of my table, my favorite thing ever. It's a cup holder with a small trash bag on it that clamps on to the table! It's from ome scrabbooking company, and I found it at my local yarn shop. They have them all along their tables for their customers to use during their stitch and *** sessions. I couldn't live without it!

Blessings.
Peace.
Joy
www.goddessjoy.com
My Art Fire shop

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Oct 5, 2008 1:32 PM

Goddessjoy:

The white drawers hold my wire

I loved that little white "furniture" =)

And I am gonna save you from my "space" ....cause its not for the faint hearted.
I only have about 100 square feet (37square meters) flat... so my desk is "all in one" ... dinnertable, crafts area and my computers desk...

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 35
MonicaP@10 wrote
on Oct 7, 2008 9:09 AM

popnicute's desk - we've probably all had a 'work surface' like it at some point! But I sure don't wanna work on the floor!

Jeni - looks like you have some wall space you can expand to or fill wih inspiration. Pretty organized otherwise!

Joy's got so much color and inspiring things all over!

I think I need to burn candles too. I have a cabinet full of them, but rarely light anything. Though with the kitties in there, I might get one of those candle warmers instead. Anyone use those? 

Monica

La Mariposa Gallery
www.lamariposagallery.com

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 50
Goddessjoy wrote
on Oct 7, 2008 11:59 AM

I used to use one of those candle warmers, Monica. It was nice, but I'm hooked on the flicker of a flame. Luckily my cats learned to steer clear of them!

MonicaP:

Joy's got so much color and inspiring things all over!

That's what I'm going to start calling it instead of clutter! Thanks Monica! Stick out tongue

Blessings.
Peace.
Joy
www.goddessjoy.com
My Art Fire shop

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 62
troll3 wrote
on Oct 7, 2008 12:14 PM

I'm not posting a pic of my beading space either - there's nothing creative about this chaos..! I live in a studio about the same size as Inca's flat. My beading place is at the corner of my couch. On my right I have a small drawer system I can place some things on top of (at the moment a small tray with picture jasper chips and two(!) coffee mugs). I have a little desk like this, which holds my laptop (always on-line...) surrounded by tiny trays with beads and threads. On the couch and on the floor are cookie jars and small plasic bags with the beads and findings and everything else I can't find... It's about time to tidy the whole flat up, but tomorrow I have to clean up the car, so I can sell it.

The Troll and The Fairy - website for me and my sister with galleries

Peikonpesä (A Trolls nest) - my blog with the newest pieces

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 60
beadercollie wrote
on Oct 12, 2008 10:58 AM

I have a small table in my room and two plastic storage boxes with beading bits in. A tin for special lampies and two boxes on top of the wardrobe. I would love love love a proper craft room or even proper space. I sometimes bead downstairs or in the garden.

wrote
on Oct 14, 2008 8:05 AM

I love beading outside-everything's so much more SPARKLY in the sun!  I do end up beading at the dining room table quite a bit, mainly because my son has figured out how to open up the drawers of my rollie-carts and empty the contents, which gets old in a hurry.  At least he can't reach the table top yet.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 65
Kcrystina2 wrote
on Oct 15, 2008 5:19 AM

Jeni, I solved that problem by getting my son his own beads. *laugh* Got him the plastic ones. Thankfully he's past the stage of putting things in his mouth so don't need to worry about that with him any longer. I also got him a couple of containers from the dollar store. He's now staying out of my stuff and is happy as a clam with his own.

I'll be posting some time today -- I am hoping -- my work space. I have it just about set up now, thankfully! I wanna get back to making jewelry, miss it lol

Regards,

Kcrystina
---------------------

Mixed Media Designer

Follow me on:

wrote
on Oct 16, 2008 1:37 AM

Yes, I plan on letting him try to do some beads as well one of these days.  He's only 21 months old though, so it might be just a bit too soon.  He's mostly good about not putting things in his mouth, but he has been known to pick up random fuzzies off the floor and "taste" them.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 65
Kcrystina2 wrote
on Oct 18, 2008 7:16 AM

Well I've finally go everything moved and set up a few other things while I was at it. Here's what it looks like now...

You can see the different areas up close in my photo album. I'm also posting about it on my journey journal at www.kcrystina.com.

Regards,

Kcrystina
---------------------

Mixed Media Designer

Follow me on:

Page 2 of 6 (87 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS