My first commission piece!

This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Mar 4, 2012 7:19 AM

Ima so super-duper excited! I have been asked to do some beading on a pair of shoes for a bride for her wedding! It's my first commission piece, so I'm a little nervous and I REALLY hope that I don't screw them up.

They are a pair of ivory coloured ballet flats and I'm going to bead a small flower on the toe of the shoes using silver delicas and swarovski crystals (using a rivoli as the centre). I started them tonight and apart from one slight hiccup, where I started to sew the rivoli to the shoe wonky, I am going alright..

Will post piccys very soon!

Emma
xXx

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 643
untmom2003 wrote
on Mar 4, 2012 8:03 AM

How exciting!!! Congratulations!!! I just LOVE looking at all the pics everyone posts of their pieces!! Can't wait to see how these turn out!! Are you making the flower first, then stitching to the shoes? Or are you actually beading it onto the shoe?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,269
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Mar 4, 2012 9:33 AM

Emma,

Congratulations on your commission piece. They sound like they will really be pretty. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Happy Beading!!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,953
SEllen 2 wrote
on Mar 4, 2012 10:25 AM

Congratulations!

I bet they will be beautiful.

I can't wait to see the pixs.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Mar 4, 2012 2:53 PM

Thanks for the encouragement all! I can't wait until they are finished!

Untmom - its a mix of 2D and 3D flower.. I am beading a 3D flower with brick stitch petals and a bezelled rivoli then ima stitch that to the shoe and bead petals onto the shoe with beads using like a running stitch..

Hard to explain, but when I am finished one of the shoes, I can show you Smile I may have one finished by tonight!

Emma
xXx

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 531
on Mar 5, 2012 12:19 AM

So excited for you Emma! And congratsBig Smile Im sure you will do just fine,cant wait to see the finished piece!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 440
Ricki Ayer wrote
on Mar 5, 2012 7:18 AM

Congrats Emma - I know those shows will turn out beautifully.   That lucky bride will be showing off her shoes all night!!  Can't wait to see pictures when you get them finished.  You should take pictures and distribute them at local bridal shops - it could turn into a profitable business - hand beaded shoes - I'll bet other brides would love somethig similar.

Ricki

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 781
Tia Dalma wrote
on Mar 6, 2012 9:51 PM

Yay! that's awsome Emma! you should be super duper excited...getting a commission is exciting!

And it sounds like interesting work too...it's not everyday that someone wants to embellish their ballet shoes! I can't wait to see them...but you should post some Work in Progress photos too!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on Mar 10, 2012 12:30 AM

Emma, I can't wait to see the shoes.  It sounds like a super project.  Congratulations!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 96
on Apr 11, 2012 12:09 PM

Hi, I would like to see how the shoes turned out.  Have you posted pics yet?  If so where can I see them?  Congrats on the commission!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS