Dragonfly

This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Sep 27, 2008 7:57 AM

This week on Beads, Baubles and Jewels TV show ( at least at my house ) it was a rerun from January where they took 20 gauge wire and formed a dragonfly body and then with 16 gauge wire strung beads inside the wings. The body was a large oval bead for the head, 2 long tube beads for the body. They attaced 2 20 gauge antanaes each with one bead in a scroll at the top.

It was very cute. I am thinking of making one. I could add a loop on the boack to hang it on the wall. You can do any shape, butterfly, flower, etc.

I thought it was cute idea and may try to make a few for my next craft show to see if they would sell. Did anyone else see if and did you like them?

Thanks! 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,145
on Sep 27, 2008 8:24 AM

Unless they included permission on the broadcast, you should get permission before you 'make to sell.' 

This was discussed on "...ok to copy...?" elsewhere on this site.

Stan B.

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Sep 27, 2008 4:55 PM

After I posted I thought about that. So maybe I will make one for my mom for Christmas. It was such a cool idea and I know it was a rerun. I may e-mail them and see what response I get.

Thanks for the reminder though. I appreciate it!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Sep 27, 2008 5:21 PM

I sent a request through Beads Baubles and Jewels asking for permission to do these. We will see. I finally found it and there were specific instructions. On those instructions were a company website. When I went to that site, I could not find that project but everything kit that they had was marked not intended for re-sale.

So I guess that project will be on hold until I get a response.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS