Have yarn, embroidery thread, floss etc -- Will Trade for Beads & Findings

This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Carabet wrote
on Feb 14, 2012 9:24 AM

I hope I'm posting this in the right place!

I still love to knit socks, but my latest obsession is beading.  Any knitters or crocheters out there who would be interested in trading beads for yarn?  

I have lots of things I'm interested in selling or trading.

* Good-quality (much of it hand-dyed) sock yarn 

* Lion Brand Homespun

* Lace weight in quantities big enough for large shawls

* Baby yarn in pastel colors w/sparkles (perfect for afghans etc)

* Misc other DK, Sport, Worsted and Bulky

I also have a ton of needlework/embroidery floss, thread, cotton, rayon and others.  And balls of #8 DMC crochet cotton in many colors.  The cotton is perfect for use with size 6/0 (4mm) bead crochet ropes (and possibly size 8/0). (These items were purchased many years ago at a going-out-of-business sale at a local needlework shop.)

I'm looking primarily for seed beads (all sizes and colors); Swarovski or Czech bicones and fire-polished; and also smallish (up to 10mm or so) beads of any type in quantities suitable for necklaces and/or bracelets).

If you're interested, I can give you more details about what I have available.  Some things are listed in my Ravelry for trade or sale page (id:  carennh), but there's quite a bit I haven't posted on there yet.  If you do leave me a msg on Ravelry, please let me know you saw my note here on BD.  Thanks!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Mar 5, 2012 11:09 PM

Do you have perle cotton and/or upholstery thread, topstitching thread? I'm getting into bead crochet and as of now have only one spool of white #8 perle cotton, and the rest of a spool of Dandyline to crochet with. I have lots of crystals.

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Carabet wrote
on Mar 6, 2012 1:23 PM

Yes I have balls of #8 DMC perle cotton in approx 15-20 different colors.  I would be very interested in a swap for swarovski crystals or czech fire polished beads.  I'm particularly looking for largish quantities of single colors to use for beadwoven necklaces etc. (most size 4mm but larger might work too).

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,974
SEllen 2 wrote
on Mar 8, 2012 11:38 AM

Just bumping up.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Carabet wrote
on Mar 11, 2012 1:05 PM

Thanks Suz!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Jul 11, 2012 4:16 PM

I have lots of 3mm firepolished amber beads. Lots and lots. I also have smaller amounts of larger firepolished beads, and lots of black 4mm crystal.

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jul 23, 2012 11:27 PM

I haven't Crocheted the Beaded Rope jewelery since the 1960's.

I used Embroidery Floss. I used it by dividing the  strands, and rolling on empty sewing thread spools. How thick I could use the Embroidery floss depended on the size of the hole in the beads.

I dip one end of the Embroidery Floss in Clear nail polish and rolled it between my thumb and first finger. When it was dry, I could string on the Pearls/beads (Ben Flanklin/dime stores  back  then.) 

As I strung the beads onto the thread I could roll them  up on an empty wooden spool (from Sewing Thread) It was held on with the rubber bands from the Daily Newspaper, those were the days. Yes I could get it cheaper than the cotton Crochet Thread. I still have a bracelet That I wear occassional, and the thread is still good.

I wonder if you could use FireLine or SoNo thread also.(?humming thinking out loud againSmile )) Hope this helps.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS