Beadwork Beaded Bead Contest??

This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 5
CarolynD@21 wrote
on Feb 11, 2012 11:08 AM

The February/March 2012 issue of Beadwork states on page 19 to visit beadingdail.com/beadedbeadcontest for entry details and rules. It would be helpful if there was a tab for the contest on the Beading Daily home page. Since this is a contest and it is being run through Beading Daily will the patterns for the beaded beads be available to the subscribers to Beading Daily?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 781
Tia Dalma wrote
on Feb 11, 2012 4:28 PM

Hi Carolyn,

You might not get a response here from an actual staff member of Interweave or Beadwork Magazine...they are not always active in the forum here, but sometimes they are, you just never know! Here is contact info for them if you wanted to ask one of them directly:

beadwork@pcspublink.com 

US Customer Service 800 849 8753

Int'l Customer Service 760 291 1531

As far as I can tell (as a subscriber and member of Beading Daily) the Beaded Bead patterns are being published in Beadwork Magazine throughout this year...so they are available to the subscribers and the news stand purchasers of the magazine. To enter the contest you also need to register as a member of Beading Daily, the official website for Beadwork Magazine as well as several other Interweave Magazines.

While there are many free patterns available on this site, they don't usually publish the magazine patterns here for free...and it can even be hard to find some of the Beadwork Magazine patterns for sale in the Interweave online store.

This website can also be kind of crazy to navigate (and it was changed recently to include the info for the magazines...which used to be on the main Interweave site). But I just clicked around to see if I could find the rules page without using the link:

If you click on the tab at the top of the page that says "Magazines", then click on "Beadwork" it will take you to the info page for Beadwork...on the right hand side of that page, there is a list of Resources...click on "Challenge" and it takes you to the rules for this contest...

I wish I could be more help...but you might want to contact someone at Interweave to find out more about the what/when/where regarding the contest!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 127
on Feb 11, 2012 9:58 PM

Tia Dalma,

I'm impressed with Your kind spirit.

You're a very special person.

Moni.

Patterns, Charms, Beads:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/Coccoementa

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 909
Cindy Daniel wrote
on Feb 12, 2012 12:16 PM

I think it's going to be a fun contest! Maybe we could start a thread about it somewhere in the forum? I'll be playing along, but I can't enter, since I've contributed one of the beaded bead patterns. Big Smile But I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone else does with them!

Find my tutorials at: JewelryTales.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 668
beadorigami wrote
on Mar 8, 2012 2:50 PM

Thanks for the very useful information Tia! I concur with Cindy - it would be great to see what everyone puts together for this contest. Would this be an appropriate topic for the Competitions forum section, or perhaps the Reader Showcase? I can't enter either, but I'll definitely be playing along!

Cindy ~ Bead Origami

Website ~ Blog ~ Facebook ~ Etsy

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 781
Tia Dalma wrote
on Mar 8, 2012 9:27 PM

Well you can both certainly play along with us here!

And once we get a few more issues with the Beaded Beads in them we should definitely have a thread in the Reader's Showcase forum to share our Beaded Beads and whatever we do with them!

Can't wait to see both of your beaded beads!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Mar 11, 2012 7:35 PM

hello!!good evening.

i wanna ask if where can i buy for the jewelry tools.

many thanks,

therese

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 668
beadorigami wrote
on Mar 13, 2012 6:02 PM

Thanks Tia!

Therese - What kind of jewelry tools are you looking for? I think that all these beaded beads just require a needle and thread, which you can get at most local bead stores. For a few online sources, check out whimbeads.com, artbeads.com, or fusionbeads.com 

Cindy ~ Bead Origami

Website ~ Blog ~ Facebook ~ Etsy

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS