Hi Ladies - Update on huge peyote project

This post has 48 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 781
Tia Dalma wrote
on Mar 8, 2012 2:35 PM

You can get the 300 yard spools at Sporting Goods stores in the fishing department. I usually get mine at Cabelas.com but you can get it at Walmart, Dicks Sporting Goods, FishUSA.com, Bass Pro...

And I always keep Fireline in my shopping cart on Amazon to see when it goes on sale! I have a Prime account so 2 Day shipping is free which really helps with the price when it's on sale!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,267
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Mar 8, 2012 5:23 PM

Kathy,

I buy it at 'D icks' sporting goods stores. I also believe that Bass Pro carries the 300 yard spool. It is a great savings if you are like me and go through a huge amount of it.

Happy Beading!!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,267
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Mar 8, 2012 5:27 PM

Tia,  when you move to Ann Arbor, you won't need to shop at Cabelas.com. They have a retail store in Dundee, just about 30 minutes south of Ann Arbor. When you go to Ann Arbor by way of US 23 you will pass it. Very visible from  the highway. Can't wait for you to come to Michigan, we can have a ball shopping for all things beady.

Happy Beading!!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 182
stitchngirl wrote
on Mar 8, 2012 5:53 PM

I do live in Alberta, Canada - will have to check out when i'm in the City and see what I can find.

I bought mine at Canadian Tire here in town and for the 125 yard spool is $24.99

Would love to find the 300 yard spool - i'm going to be going thru a few rolls i'm thinking at the rate i'm going.

UPDATE: 144 completed - was just figuring out numbers for fun that is 27,072 beads I have peyoted thusfar.

Kathy

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 781
Tia Dalma wrote
on Mar 8, 2012 9:19 PM

Oh Sue I know! that will be so nice...no shipping charges!

When I was up there for New Year's, my husband wanted to show me the Mountain and Creek and all the animals inside Cabelas so we stopped in there...It was awesome, but I did make him buy me a spool of Fireline...haha!

The closest thing we have where I live is Walmart and I just can't bring myself to shop there...the shopping center right down the road from our local Walmart used to be a thriving marketplace full of local shops until walmart moved in...and now it's a ghost town. They can't rent out any of the store fronts for longer than a few months at a time. It has really hurt our local economy...So I just can't do it!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 147
whatsup1 wrote
on Mar 9, 2012 8:09 AM

I live in what is supposedly the sport fishing capitol of the world, and I can't find anything but 150 yard spools of 6 lb. smoke locally. I force myself to go to the closest WalMart (50 miles) to buy crystal. I haven't found 300 yard spools anywhere.

Amazon is my go to place for Fireline.

Peg

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 182
stitchngirl wrote
on Mar 13, 2012 6:32 PM

Hi All

UPDATE: I have 168 rows completed as of today. You can really see hubbies head now and my hair and veil and starting on my face(forehead).  Will post a pic at the end of the week.

31,584 beads peyoted thusfar.

Kathy

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 643
untmom2003 wrote
on Mar 14, 2012 9:11 AM

stitch- YAYYYY for your progress!!! I can't wait to see another pic of the project!!! And Holy Moly that is a LOT of beads!!!!!!!  You can do it, you can do it, you can do it....! So glad you are keeping us posted on your progress!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 182
stitchngirl wrote
on Mar 16, 2012 2:07 PM

Hi

I put an updated pic on the readers showcase board. 188 rows completed as of today which translate to 35,344 beads peyoted thusfar.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 147
whatsup1 wrote
on Mar 19, 2012 9:17 AM

Kathy, I don't know if it was on this thread or another, but you once asked how to mark the beading to help keep your place.

Twice this week (once just now reading beading tips in the free resources here) I have read a suggestion to mark your rows with correction fluid. The dried fluid chips off when you are finished with the project.

Now, I haven't tried this but I've read it twice this week.

Peg

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 182
stitchngirl wrote
on Apr 3, 2012 6:41 PM

Hi all - did you miss me - i've been MIA for a few weeks.

oops I posted on the wrong one lol - i did an update on the readers showcase.

I was away all last week and the prior week had a friend visiting for a few days. So finally back on track to bead bead bead.

UPDATE: as of today I have 227 rows completed - which is 42,676 beads thusfar - you can really see hubby face and his suit is showing and almost all of my face - its close so close.  I will post a pic at the end of the week.

QUESTION: I have noticed today that the matte metallic beads which are most of the beads in our faces are showing rubbing off wear.  Should I be putting a piece of fabric rolled with the beads to stop that from getting worse. Its funny it took this long to show that.

Kathy

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 182
stitchngirl wrote
on Apr 10, 2012 4:44 PM

I just posted a updated pic of my HUGE peyote project. You can see both our faces now.

253 rows completed as of today - which is 47,564 beads peyoted thusfar.

Kathy

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 182
stitchngirl wrote
on Apr 10, 2012 5:06 PM

oops posted pic in the READERS SHOWCASE

Kathy

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 182
stitchngirl wrote
on Apr 25, 2012 4:25 PM

Hi - I thought I would give you all an update - as of today I have 283 rows completed - 53,204 beads peyoted thusfar.  Didn't work on it at all last week and started back up yesterday bead by bead by bead. Its very exciting watching us grow.  Will post a pic next week. Holy Moly i'm starting to panic again - not sure if I will get this gem done in time - just have to bead onward and forward day by day bead by bead by bead. lol!

Kathy

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 643
untmom2003 wrote
on Apr 26, 2012 12:12 AM

Can't wait to see an updated picture!! Hang in there!!

Page 3 of 4 (49 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4  Next > | RSS