Rules for new Bead Star contest

This post has 9 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Jan 25, 2012 3:48 PM

I have decided to enter but am looking for the exact rules??  Have I just missed them? The Bead Star magazine with the winners from the last contest said the rules would be posted by January 9, 2012; I don't know where to find them...

Help?  Gail

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 410
KristieJ3 wrote
on Jan 26, 2012 7:40 PM

As far as I know the only rules are to make sure your pieces are predominantly made with what category your choose (crystal, stone, ect) and that you basic techniques.

Here's the link; the one I had from last year had changed so maybe that's why the website wasn't updated? Hope this helps Smile

http://www.beadingdaily.com/content/BeadStarRules.aspx

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Jan 27, 2012 7:40 PM

They haven't given us any info about deadlines, voting or prizes. Only that 1 winner per category will be published in Stringing, so it sounds like there may not be a dedicated magazine next year, there may only be one winner per category and there may not be any prizes. Sounds like a totally different contest, but at this point we are all just guessing until they post more info.

www.studioEgallery.etsy.com

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Erin S wrote
on Feb 1, 2012 1:02 PM

complete rules for this year's bead star contest are posted now. Only 1 winner per category, to published in Stringing (no official bead star magazine) and $250 prize from that category's sponsor. Does not mention anything about a grand prize this year.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 38
raggydaggydo wrote
on Feb 2, 2012 3:35 PM

Could you tell me where they're posted?  Thanks.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 786
Tia Dalma wrote
on Feb 2, 2012 4:03 PM

Raggydaggyjo, click on the link in Kristie's post...it will take you to the updated  list of rules!

Wasn't the grand prize a really big deal in past years? I seem to remember it including a trip to one of the big Bead Shows and lots of money and the cover of Bead Star?

It seems like they are really taking the emphasis out of this contest this year...like they don't really want to do it or something.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Erin S wrote
on Feb 2, 2012 4:15 PM

raggydaggydo:

Could you tell me where they're posted?  Thanks.

www.beadstar.com

Tia--yes, in the past the grand prize was an all expense trip for 2 to Bead Fest Santa Fe and $1000 gift certificate to Fire Mountain Gems, plus the cover of Bead Star magazine. It was an awesome prize. First prizes were $500 and second prizes were $250. Too bad--the current contest doesn't motivate me enough to enter this year.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 38
raggydaggydo wrote
on Feb 2, 2012 5:35 PM

Thanks Tia and Erin. 

It is a shame that they've changed the contest so drastically - with no explanation.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 553
CryssT wrote
on Feb 11, 2012 8:04 PM

Well this makes me feel not so bad for being unable to find a copy of Bead Star this year.

I think the economy and sponsors may be a part of the issue.  I know I was disappointed that I could not order B&B in digital format only at a reasonable price.  I'll let the expiration run out and then order a digital copy a year later.  With this economy I am being very careful and Beadwork suits my purposes much better.

Not Ranked
Posts 19
on Feb 18, 2012 8:25 AM

I also am not motivated to enter this year. They have severly cut this competition down to just submitting to Stringing magazine. I know lack of sponsors is a big part of it, but an expanation would have been nice.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS