Site To Sell Your Items For Free

This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 32
NMS1980 wrote
on Jan 19, 2012 1:15 PM

jewelrywonder.com

So Far It Looks To Be A Pretty Good Site , I Was Going To Try Etsy And Ebay But Dont Have The Money To Spend For The Fees For Posting Items.

<3 Nicole <3

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 786
Tia Dalma wrote
on Jan 19, 2012 4:09 PM

Ebay is definitely not the place to sell handmade items! But the upside is that you also don't have to pay any fees until an item sells! But people who shop on ebay are not looking for handmade items...they are looking for a deal!

Etsy and Artfire are 2 of the better sites for selling handmade items and they are well known enough to get a lot of traffic through their sites. This is the advantage to using a well known site...they get customers...but you do have to pay as you list items...

A free site might be good at first because it's free, but may not always get the traffic...which is the downfall of lesser known sites! Selling handmade items is more work sometimes than making the items!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 32
NMS1980 wrote
on Jan 19, 2012 5:57 PM

True , I Didnt Think About That , Thanks For The Advice !  I Havent Posted Any Of My Work Yet To Sell , I Still Have Alot Of Work And Research To Do Yet :)

<3 Nicole <3

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 450
megabgirl wrote
on Jan 20, 2012 5:17 PM

Zazzle is also free for your first 50 items.

But like with most free sites, there is no traffic.

Sometimes you have to spend money to make money.

I do occasionally list my beading pattern on Ebay though, because I like that I only have to pay the fee AFTER the item sells, so it's never a loss for me if they don't.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 389
wmweeza wrote
on Jan 21, 2012 4:45 PM

Keep in mind too that yes, handmade doesn't always sell on Ebay, but it may help google recognize your website better so it may result in more traffic idf you have a site

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 450
megabgirl wrote
on Jan 25, 2012 12:52 PM

Just opened a small, free store on WePay. No listing fees, just 3.5% of what you sell. The site itself is pretty ugly, but it provides an easy way to embed your store into your own website without taking customer off-site to make purchases. I wrote about it on my latest blog post: http://megansbeadeddesigns.wordpress.com/2012/01/25/selling-from-my-own-website/

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 32
NMS1980 wrote
on Jan 26, 2012 11:06 AM

Thanks For All The Advice Really Appreciate It !!

<3 Nicole <3

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,834
KipperCat wrote
on Feb 12, 2012 11:22 PM

I recently read about a free app for FaceBook that  will let you set up a storefront on a FB fan or business page.  If I remember right, it includes s shopping cart & checkout & connection to PayPal.  I think I saw this on a bead blog, but don't remember where.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS