The Spammers are back!!

This post has 30 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 643
untmom2003 wrote
on Jan 15, 2012 7:34 PM

SUE-YEP, YOU GO GIRL!!! I just reported over 50+ emails as spammers. I also emailed Jennifer (no idea if this will help or not)-let's keep reporting them!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Jan 15, 2012 7:38 PM

SUCCESS!!!!!

I was going through the posts in the 'Magazine Forums' section, reporting the spammers and suddenly it wouldnt let me..

I went back to the forums page and they have deleted the 2 spam users from the forums along with their posts! HAZAAAAAH!

Emma
xXx

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,267
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jan 15, 2012 7:52 PM

Wow, and I was ready for battle, had my fresh pot of coffee brewed and I was ready to go head to head. LOL

Happy Beading!!!!

Oh Happy Day, Oh happy day. LOL

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on Jan 15, 2012 7:53 PM

Great going!  I'm off to report some SPAM myself.  I can't bead anyway, the Pack lost, so I may as well go kick some ...

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,267
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jan 15, 2012 7:54 PM

too late, Cat, it's all gone now. Big Smile

Happy Beading!!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on Jan 15, 2012 7:56 PM

Hooray!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Jan 15, 2012 8:05 PM

GoldenLeddy is back but looks like its just lurking for now.

Can I sign up to be a Spambuster/Moderator?

I poke around here mostly on the weekends when these guys are spamming away.

Would love to help.

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 781
Tia Dalma wrote
on Jan 15, 2012 9:03 PM

I am loving how everyone has come together...Way to go Team Spambusters!

I agree with everyone here...email the spam reports every single time and those inboxes will be overflowing! I also agree that anyone who is willing to put in some time to help moderate this site should be given the ability to help! Even if you are only here on the weekends...that seems to be when we get hit with the most spam, so the more moderators we have during the peak hours the easier it would be on all of us!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Jan 15, 2012 9:09 PM

Those spammers don't stand a chance with us! Big Smile haha!

I think that I will start keeping a closer eye on the forums. I am online at least once a day, even if it is to just poke around and see what's new.. So I will start searching and if I see any, I will report straight away!

It's sooooooooo on!!!!!

Emma
xXx

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,267
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jan 16, 2012 2:33 PM

Thank you, to who every heard us crying yesterday and fixed the problem. It is just so frustrating to open our DB to see that someone or someones have spammed every single thread. 

I had noticed that one of these two people, was someone named GoldensLeddy, and I  see that she has been here for most of today, but happily she hasn't made or wasn't able to make any posts. Thank you! your are our savior.

Now if we could just get them all out of here and keep them out, we would all be happy beaders LOL.

Happy Beading!!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 521
on Jan 16, 2012 4:53 PM

Are everybody's post now getting the message along the lines of  "Your message will be posted pending moderator approval? (This is the short version) or is it just me. Does this mean I've been flagged because I reported 27 spam posts a day or two ago?

Okay, so this time it didn't do the message. Maybe it's only in the other parts of the forum....

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 643
untmom2003 wrote
on Jan 16, 2012 5:50 PM

hope not bc I reported 50+ of them!! And I have been a busy girl today so when I get the projects finished, I will be posting pics like crazy!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 521
on Jan 16, 2012 6:11 PM

After posting some more today I've come to the conclusion that I got the message because in my effort to help a fellow beader , there was a link in my post.

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,267
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jan 16, 2012 9:24 PM

I don't know, I hope they are flagging regular members again. I haven't tried to post a link yet today, but I will just as soon as I post this.

I will try and post a couple of links to a couple of beading sites. Hopefully I will be able to get back to report back.

Happy Beading!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,267
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jan 16, 2012 9:27 PM

here is a test of posting links.

Fusionbeads.com