charm exchange - a swap idea for some future date

This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,834
KipperCat wrote
on Dec 18, 2011 3:23 PM

The SMBWFS wire group does a charm exchange for Christmases.  This is the bracelet Sherry made with the past two year's charms.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Dec 18, 2011 6:59 PM

Thats really cool Kat!

You know what.. I would really love to see this style of swap in 'Halloween' charms Big Smile wouldn't that be amazing?!

If you decide to head one of these at a later date, count me in Wink

Emma
xXx

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,834
KipperCat wrote
on Dec 21, 2011 2:14 AM

Emma, at this point I don't feel like heading up anything!  Surprise

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 274
Paka wrote
on Jan 17, 2012 1:57 PM

Wonderful charms.  (I really like that green wire Christmas tree.  It's my favorite design on a Christmas card--and for doodling.)  Fantastic bracelet--with watch!  I so hear you about hosting anything.  Time to breathe is a luxury some days.

If not a charm swap, maybe a charm challenge?  We could make a charm for each month and show our charms (Embarrassed) as the year progresses with a final reveal of the bracelet?  Start it in February so we could reveal next January or February.  Or a February Charm Challenge with one a day for each day of that short month (Leap Year this year!)?  Of course, we would all be heartily sick of hearts by the end of the month.  Stick out tongue

I think an activity with charms would be a fine idea.  Just what to do and who to do it?

Not Ranked
Posts 19
on Jan 21, 2012 8:35 AM

This is a great bracelet! 

Paka - I like your idea of starting in Feb with a monthly charm and then doing a reveal next Feb. The one-a-day schedule does not leave much time for creative work, it seems, with life thrown in there. :)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 391
Wolfykwe wrote
on Jan 23, 2012 7:44 PM

One a month would be doable.. but I don't think I could do back to back months with one a day challenges! lol  As it is I'm behind on the earring challenge... only got the first week in there... mostly.  I've been spending all day making earrings to try to catch up!  I'm also in two other swaps here at this forum, and a challenge and a swap in my crochet forum.  Yikes!  hahaha

The best gift you can give anybody is to love yourself.  Gift 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS