What is the Difference?

This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 144
quekpeggy wrote
on Dec 15, 2011 10:05 PM

Hi, there are two places in BD to showcase our work : Showcase in Forum and Galleries.  What is the difference?  Also, within Galleries, there are Beading Challenges and Reader Photo Galleries.  What is the difference?  Will appreciate much if someone will enlighten me. Smile

Thanks.

Peggy

http://pq-beaddreamer.blogspot.com

We make a living by what we get;
we make a life by what we give.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 786
Tia Dalma wrote
on Dec 16, 2011 2:00 AM

Hi Peggy,

as far as I know the Readers Showcase is a thread in the forum where we can post photos of our work and discuss them etc...

And the gallery is just a separate section of the website that is a photo gallery where members can post photos of their work. The gallery has thumbnails of all the photos in the gallery so if you just wanted to look at pictures of peoples work without having to read through a bunch of posts you could just browse in the gallery.

As far as the Beading Challenges and Reader Photo galleries...they are just that. The Beading Challenges are photos from old contests or challenges on Beading Daily...and the Reader Photo Galleries are photos that the members post of their work.

So are you thinking about where to post photos of your work? We would love to see whatever you have to share with us!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 144
quekpeggy wrote
on Dec 16, 2011 4:38 AM

Thank you Tia for the explanation.

I have posted in the Reader Showcase once only and that was when I just joined as member.  After months of viewing other works which all have the WOW factor, I feel that my works are not of 'show standard'.  I am trying out stitches which I have never done before so I think Galleries might be the suitable site to show my work....or may be not show at all until I am better at the stitches.Smile

Peggy

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 786
Tia Dalma wrote
on Dec 16, 2011 1:10 PM

No No No! Please don't feel that your work is not at some crazy standard to share with us! Either in the galleries or in the reader showcase forum!

For one thing, every one of us is at a different level of beading knowledge and experience! One of the ways that we learn and grow is to share our knowledge and experience with others! Even when we are at the early stages of this experience. I think it is a great way to show one's progress to be able to see our early pieces and and to see what we do as we get more experience!

So please continue to share your work with us! There will always be someone with more experience than us and others with less experience. And if we are not shy to share our work then maybe it will encourage others to share theirs as well.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 144
quekpeggy wrote
on Dec 16, 2011 10:49 PM

Big Smile I will try showing in Galleries which IMHO is less in the limelight.  

Peggy

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS