New Year Challenge - JOIN ME!

This post has 59 Replies | 11 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
kcrowe wrote
on Jan 6, 2012 12:13 PM

bastet09:  What a joy to see your pretty work!  Thanks for sharing.  I'm looking forward to posting mine and especially to seeing everyone else's work.  What fun!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 583
Beadiecat wrote
on Jan 6, 2012 2:01 PM

Where is the reveal thread?  I'm probably just blind, but I can't find it.

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
kcrowe wrote
on Jan 6, 2012 2:18 PM

Beadiecat:  I don't think there is one yet; I believe it will be set up on Saturday, though.  The previous poster uploaded her photos to her own page.  You can see them by clicking on her user name.  Hope this helps. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 786
Tia Dalma wrote
on Jan 6, 2012 6:27 PM

Cat I think a lot of the people that are Beading Daily members but not Forum Regulars are uploading their photos into the gallery...if you click on the Bead A Long link at the top of this page there is a button in there for the Earring Challenge gallery.

I think we are still doing a Readers Showcase thread in the forum though...that is where most of the Forum regulars usually post photos...But there's no reason not to post them in the Gallery too if anyone wants to...whatever suits the individual!

I believe Emma is going to start a thread tomorrow? Or maybe even tonight since it already is tomorrow in Australia!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 6, 2012 7:02 PM

Could one of you nice ladies be so kind as to let me know if there has to be a specific method you must use for the Earring Challenge?  I fear I'm not experienced enough to try those fancy, fringy types Beading Daily showed in the newslwtter.  If any of you can assist, I'd be so grateful.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
kcrowe wrote
on Jan 6, 2012 8:06 PM

Valbeads:  I believe there are no "rules" for type of earrings made.  Please don't be afraid to try something new--this is a great opportunity to step outside our comfort zones.  I'm sure there will be lots of interest in and support for everyone's creations!  Sometimes, too, the simplest jewelry is the most beautiful.  Do what makes you  happy!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 6, 2012 9:00 PM

Thanks so much, kcrowe!  I take classes at my local bead store as they're available, and when finances permit.(I'm disabled so live on a pretty tight budget, like a lot of people, I'm sure!), so hopefully that will be something I can learn soon.  Learning to bead has brought me so much joy; it's so exciting to see something in my head come to life.  Thanks again for your helpful advice.  This is going to be so much fun!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Jan 7, 2012 1:14 AM

Hey everyone!!!

How are we all going?

Just letting you all know that I started earring challenge thread in the 'Readers Showcase' section under the title 'Earring Challenge 2012'! Unfortunately, I would only upload 2 photos of my own because I am currently down at the mums and only have the earrings that I made yesterday and today, but I will catch up with my pictures when I get back!!!

Looking forward to seeing all of your pretties!

Emma
xXx

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 391
Wolfykwe wrote
on Jan 7, 2012 2:12 AM

I'm getting really excited about this challenge!  I'm behind as I've had several setbacks, but that's ok.  I'll be using this challenge to get caught up on earring orders I never got done (family... not a business type thing) but mostly I'm using it to try out all the different things I've been meaning to try but never sat down to do.  I made my first pair tonight and I'm very excited.  I've never done wire work before, so it was a learning curve, but that's kinda the point for me in this challenge, and I think they turned out remarkably well in light of it all.  I can't wait to see what you guys do too!

The best gift you can give anybody is to love yourself.  Gift 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 68
AnnieB@25 wrote
on Jan 7, 2012 4:56 AM

Speaking of stepping outside our comfort zone!  I've used this challenge as an 'excuse' to finally use some BRIGHT fire polish beads that I never would have used otherwise and also I'm re-trying chainmaille for the first time in years!

I'll try to get some pics up today.

Hey.. just a question.  I posted my pics over on the reveal thread.. and it's not coming up.  Is there a delay or an approval process or something on pic threads?  Or did I maybe time out or something?  I'll check back in a few hours and if they're not showing up, I will try to repost.  I just didn't want them to come up twice :)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
kcrowe wrote
on Jan 7, 2012 6:27 AM

Valbeads:  You're welcome.  Glad you're excited, as am I!  I understand tight budget--I've been unemployed for two years, so am pretty much working from my stash.  There are many great, high quality video tutorials of many different types of beadwork and beading projects on the Web that are FREE!  There are marvelous resource when funds are low.  Can't wait to see your designs!Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 7, 2012 10:09 PM

kcrowe: Yep, I've found lots of cool little goodies in the little $1 basket at my local bead store. Just recently snapped up all these adorable little animal charms and I plan to make a Noah's Ark bracelet for one of my younger nieces. Think YouTube could have instructional videos?

I can't wait to show off what I have so far, either.  Currently,there's a bit of a snafu going on with my digital camera that my dad is working on, then hopefully I can start uploading soon.Smile

You are so helpful and super friendly!  Thanks!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
kcrowe wrote
on Jan 8, 2012 10:37 AM

Hi, Valbeads.  You can start viewing free how-to videos right here on Beading Daily.  Just find the tab at the top of the page and take a look.  Lots of good stuff.  And, of course, many of the beading supply and publishing companies also have teaching videos on line (free).  Many individuals, both pros and amateurs also post their own videos on the Web.  I think ou'll find enough inspiration and energy for a lifetime!  Good luck. 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 182
lasexybuda wrote
on Jan 15, 2012 5:01 PM

I have problem with my camara but I hope can post my earring.

Happy Beding

Irene from the enchanted Island

Happy beading!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 391
Wolfykwe wrote
on Jan 23, 2012 7:39 PM

I can't wait to see them!  Did you get your camera situation sorted out?

The best gift you can give anybody is to love yourself.  Gift 

Page 4 of 4 (60 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 | RSS