New Year Challenge - JOIN ME!

This post has 59 Replies | 11 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 65
AnnieB@25 wrote
on Jan 1, 2012 2:57 PM

Are we sticking to a weekly reveal or can we post pics as we go along?  I'm so excited to see what everyone else is doing!

I definitely won't keep up the pace after today (school, work, kids, house, etc etc).. but I did manage to get 4 (simple!) pairs done today.  Now I've hit a snag with a beaded bead that doesn't want to go together.. and I can't seem to find the 4mm rounds I KNOW are lurking in my stash somewhere ... (lilac cat's eye glass.. and I can't find them!)...

I like this bead-along!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 780
Tia Dalma wrote
on Jan 1, 2012 4:10 PM

Well Happy New Year's everyone! I am still in Michigan and only have a limited supply of my stash with me...but I will be going back home either Monday or Tuesday...depends on the weather and driving conditions!

So I will be posting photo's later this week! I have 2 pairs made but no ear wires with me...But I think it's a good idea to post photos once a week rather than every day...that way we have a little leeway. It might be easier for a lot of us to make 7 pairs of earrings in a week than 1 pair every day!

So maybe we should start a thread for these pics? Like a 2012 Earring Challenge Reveal or something like that! Or maybe we should each have our own reveal thread? Whatever seems easiest for everyone...I am fine with whatever everyone decides!

But I am looking forward to this challenge and to seeing everyone else's earring designs!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,947
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jan 1, 2012 4:49 PM

Happy New Year!Drinks

Well, so far so good I got my first pair of earrings for the 2012 Challenge completed. & I've even started a pair for tomorrow that is not as easy as my first pair.

I've been thinking about how to do the picture postings too.

Since, I probably won't get a pair a day made. I figured I would just post one picture of the weeks work. That way, for me at least, the thread won't get too picture heavy. But if someone wants to see something up close I figure I can always post a larger picture if asked.kwim?Hmm 

And right now the sun is not bright enough to take pictures and believe it or not we've run out of light bulbs and almost every bulb in the house has desided to blow at the same time.(What are the odds?) So, I'll have to wait till sometime later in the week to try and get a picture. That is if we can get the bulbs replaced.*L*

I look forward to seeing what everyone does with this challenge.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 538
Emma.J wrote
on Jan 1, 2012 10:08 PM

Happy New Year all!

I think that on Saturday (end of the first week, I'll start a new thread in the Showcase section under the title '2012 Earring Challenge' or something similar.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone gets made!

Emma
xXx

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 404
tpfrank wrote
on Jan 2, 2012 1:30 PM

Hi y'all,

I got my first pair done yesterday and I am with posting once a week instead of everyday.  I also plan to post on my blog with my weekly pieces.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 517
on Jan 2, 2012 4:36 PM

I'm late to the game but have decided to go all in. I like the posting once a week idea.There is no way I could post everyday. I also think 1 reveal thread would be better than each of us having our own.

Looking forward to seeing what everybody comes up with!

Happy Beading!

shellie

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
kcrowe wrote
on Jan 2, 2012 4:55 PM

Shellie,

I like your suggestions!  And can't wait to see everyone's work!

Karen

Not Ranked
Posts 12
vem030956 wrote
on Jan 4, 2012 9:53 AM

Hi all,

I am new to blogging, not to jewelry making, but to blogging.  I am going to do the earring challenge. Though to start I am just making regular earrings out of left over beads I have, then progress to beaded beads as I am not as good at those yet.  Sounds like fun.  My problem is do we post every day, or at the end of January???

Veralynne

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 256
blueflute wrote
on Jan 4, 2012 11:31 AM

I think somewhere above it says post on Saturday in the reveal section.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
evenstar wrote
on Jan 4, 2012 11:36 AM

It seems whenever I am low on ideas, I try to start the juices flowing while making some simple ear wires and other findings.  Usually as I busy myself working with wire, the ideas begin to flow.  Right now, I have tons of ear wires and tons of beads but still struggling with ideas for this challenge!!  I have a few pairs made, it wont be one per day, but by the end of the month I promise myself to have 31 unique pairs of earrings. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
kcrowe wrote
on Jan 4, 2012 11:59 AM

I'll bet that once the first postings are up on Saturday, we will all find new inspiration and energy to continue the challenge!  So far, I have made a pair each day, and am half done with today's.  I'm finally getting around to using some patterns I found online and was afraid to try.  But, wonder of wonders, I'm finding that they only LOOK complicated, so I've learned some new stitches/techniques already!  And, like others, I'm using from my stash.  (Being unemployed for two years really puts a crimp in the bead budget.  But, then, it does give me the time to play with beads...) Hmm

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 142
Allison B wrote
on Jan 4, 2012 1:03 PM

I like posting daily. Pushes me to make a pair a day. Its just that i need that push. My attention span is zilch so i have to come up with ways to push myself to finish. Hope everyone doest mind.

Show me your fantasy, and ill bead you your world.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 65
AnnieB@25 wrote
on Jan 4, 2012 1:18 PM

I don't mind at least :)  Don't see any reason people shouldn't post as and when they get around to it.  I'll probably confine myself to weekly reveals because 1)I'm lazy... 2)my photography sucks and 3)I'm lazy! Stick out tongue

That being said.. I really get a boost and get good muse vibes going when I look at the beautiful work everyone else does!

So post away!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 643
untmom2003 wrote
on Jan 4, 2012 3:22 PM

I probably will also post weekly. If my pictures turn out, then the week's work will be in one picture. Otherwise, I will post each picture separately, but still only on Saturday. Can't wait to see all the different earrings!!! I'm thinking I'm even going to try a stitched earring or two, just so I can learn something new!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 26
bastet09 wrote
on Jan 6, 2012 11:17 AM

I took the liberty to upload mine up to yesterday's pair. My grammar is really bad, so please excuse my descriptions. Hope you like them.

Page 3 of 4 (60 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4  Next > | RSS