Has the site been hacked?

This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
Wolfykwe wrote
on Dec 3, 2011 6:30 PM

I'm suddenly being bombarded with literally hundreds of SPAM emails all coming from the beading daily email addy!  

The best gift you can give anybody is to love yourself.  Gift 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
Wolfykwe wrote
on Dec 3, 2011 6:37 PM

I just counted 153 emails within the span of 1 minute in my inbox, and I think I had already deleted a bunch.  All sent at 5:45pm today.  Add up all the minutes... do the math.  What a mess. Clearly this isn't site mail.  Most of it doesn't even have the remotest thing to do with the site subject matter.  Remember the spams we were getting in the forum?  Well now they've found a way to access beading daily's email to EMAIL us hundreds, thousands of emails containing those very same spams.  The words that come to mind for these people are not at all polite.  

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
Wolfykwe wrote
on Dec 3, 2011 6:52 PM

Ok, I see the site hasn't been hacked... just SERIOUSLY spammed!!  They totally spammed our beading challenge thread.  Jerks.  And because I was following that thread for obvious reasons, it was emailing me every single spam.  And again I say... Jerks!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 780
Tia Dalma wrote
on Dec 3, 2011 10:44 PM

I just saw that thread now has 113 pages!!! And I know that earlier today it only have 5 pages! What the hell is going on?!! How can someone post that much spam in such a short amount of time?!

That is utterly ridiculous...so sorry it happened to a thread you were following and that you gto an email for every single post! Wow! That's messed up!

Maybe it's time Beading Daily actually requires members to have a waiting period before they can post in the forums after registering! And on top of this waiting period, every new member should have their first few posts held back and approved by a moderator before they are posted in the actual forums. This would weed out 99 percent of the spammers immediately!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
Wolfykwe wrote
on Dec 4, 2011 1:04 AM

Thanks Tia.  They use a program to do all that spamming.  Probably some sort of macro program.  *grumbles some more*

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
Wolfykwe wrote
on Dec 4, 2011 1:12 AM

oh, it's up to 224 pages now.  Very annoying.  You'd think the board would have anti-spam protocols built into it's programming.  

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,218
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Dec 4, 2011 7:54 PM

That stinks. I also think they can do more to stop all this BS  other forums don't have this much trouble. I belong to other groups, and I never see spam on any of them. I am really getting very feed up with the spam as well.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 57
gitksanfire wrote
on Dec 4, 2011 9:17 PM

I have had to block all emails from beading daily just to quit getting 1000's, yes thousands, of spam. By the way I did get my beads for the swap/challenge.  What do we do now?

Carolyn Turner

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 256
blueflute wrote
on Dec 4, 2011 11:19 PM

The way the challenge is suppose to go is that you make what ever you can from the beads and add what ever you need from your own stash, then show them off in a reveal section. I never got my beads, with all the spam I'm not even sure she ever got my address.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
Wolfykwe wrote
on Dec 5, 2011 7:28 AM

She never said when she sent them out, I don't think.  Makes it hard to gauge when we are supposed to expect them.  In my case, I expect to have to wait some because I live in Canada, so it'll take a bit longer to get here.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS