How to post an avatar?

This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 27
on Aug 29, 2008 12:19 PM

How do you post an avatar? I have tried unsuccessfully to do it. I am not sure what the prefered file size, type and dimension it should be. I have tried to upload my logo file as various types and sizes and it never changes from the cartoon beads. I would appreciat any help or suggestions! Thanks! 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 502
Editor
on Aug 29, 2008 12:28 PM

Hi,

The sample avatar (the beads) is 79 x 79 pixels.  A GIF or JPG format will work.  You can load something slightly larger and it should resize (though it may not resize the way you want.)  After you hit "update" in your profile, you should see something filled in the "Avatar URL" space.  And, of course, make sure you click the "Save" button!  If you are still having trouble, please post again and I'll see if one of our techie people can help.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 244
Nemeton wrote
on Aug 29, 2008 2:02 PM

Is there any way to make the displayed avatars look sharp, not pixellated and fuzzy? Mine is the same avatar I use on all the forums where I post, and on most of them it is displayed in a smaller window and looks OK, but here it looks blurred and terrible!

Lynn

My website: http://lynndavybeadwork.co.uk/

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Marsha@53 wrote
on Oct 26, 2008 1:24 PM

I'm so inexperienced with forums that I don't even know what an avatar IS.....?

I hope to learn more,because these forums are so interesting and informative.

Thanks

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,288
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Oct 27, 2008 3:50 AM

Hi Marsha.

The avatar is the picture you see to the left of the posts. Mine is a picture of a bracelet I made. I downloaded it from my files.

Just go down to Michelle's post (2 down from yours). She is from Interweave and she has some good advice on just how you do it.

Hope I have helped .

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Lady Jewelz wrote
on Dec 29, 2008 7:31 AM

Hi Michelle,

I am new to the board and I am learning my way around it. I have done everything that you said and when I press save the picture appears and a green notice saying that my profile has been updated and may take 10 minute to take affect. Yet when I go back or post, there is no picture. What should I do now.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,288
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Dec 29, 2008 7:52 AM

Must have figured it out cause your Avatar is up and looks like a great one at that.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS