National Seed Beading Month

This post has 16 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,041
Editor
on Nov 1, 2011 9:29 AM

Some of you might be aware that November is National Write a Novel Month or NaWriNoMo. The idea behind NaWriNoMo is that you have to spend every day in November writing, and the goal is to accomplish 50,000 words before the end of the month, which is probably a good first draft of a novel.

So, Dulcey Heller, a Beadwork magazine contributor, wondered if we should make November National Seed Beading Month - NaSeeBeMo - with the same idea. You sit with your seed beads every day, even if it's just for fifteen minutes. And you'll probably be really surprised at what you can accomplish!

I love the idea behind NaSeeBeMo because between working, writing and spending time with my young family, my beads often get pushed to the side. For me, forcing myself to make time to spend with my beads every day would be a welcome challenge, especially with the two big projects I need to have finished before December 5!

What do you think about NaSeeBeMo? Will you participate and blog about it?

"Yesterday is history.  Tomorrow is a mystery.  But today is a gift.  That's why it is called the present." -Kung Fu Panda

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Nov 1, 2011 9:34 PM

That sounds great!

I already tried your "A pair of earring each day" challenge (which I must admit, I might have to try again...) But I am always up for a challenge and therefore...

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!

I think that NaSeeBeMo will be easier for me because there is no added pressure of 'having' to complete what I am working on in the one day! I will start immediately!!! ..When I am finished work... Where shall we be blogging?

Emma
xXx

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,828
KipperCat wrote
on Nov 2, 2011 12:47 AM

Yes, I love the idea! I have a few think-about-it projects and a big fingers-on-autopilot project, so I'll have no excuse. 

I always feel better when I spend at least a little time beading.

Liz

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 589
AnnM@94 wrote
on Nov 2, 2011 3:13 PM

I think its a great idea... I will definitely be trying to bead every day this month :)

"Dream Big"

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 360
Beading_Sue wrote
on Nov 2, 2011 3:52 PM

Count me in!  This will start me blogging and allow me more bead time.  It's a definite go.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 563
kareng915 wrote
on Nov 2, 2011 11:25 PM

I'm in!   Just started a new job, so this will help me learn to plan in some beading time.  And get back to blogging on a more regular basis!

karen  ~  BeadDelirium    blog  |  artfire 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,828
KipperCat wrote
on Nov 6, 2011 8:34 PM

How is everyone doing?   I've been good so far.  Today was brainless beading.  When my bead order arrives I'll have some fun stuff to do.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Nov 6, 2011 11:39 PM

Hey Liz,

Not doing too bad..I've already got the base rope of a necklace downpat, so I'm rooli proud of myself. I didn't get around to my 15minutes yesterday (I had a big night Saturday night... Wink lol) so, I'll just have to do extra tonight..

How are you going with yours?

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 563
kareng915 wrote
on Nov 7, 2011 12:25 AM

Yesterday, I was distracted by shiny beads in my stash.. and then was online looking at more shiny beads... then found a good sale and bought a few more shiny beads.. cause it would be tragic to run out!  Does any of that count??  I didn't actually work on anything....  but did play with beads  =)

karen  ~  BeadDelirium    blog  |  artfire 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Nov 10, 2011 4:08 PM

haha! Karen, you're funny!

I just opened up a blog the other day, and I already have 3 posts! Big Smile

I tried to attach the link to my profile so that when I post something, it comes up at the bottom but I'm not sure if it worked.. I'll use this message as a test run Wink

Emma
xXx

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,041
Editor
on Nov 11, 2011 1:14 PM

Check-in! We're nearly halfway through November: how is everyone doing?

I've been really good so far! I've managed to get one bead embroidery collar started, and I knocked out two more projects from Rachel Nelson-Smiths' Bead Riffs - and I haven't lost too much sleep, either! Yay!

(If anyone is interested, I'm considering doing another earring-a-day challenge here in January!)

"Yesterday is history.  Tomorrow is a mystery.  But today is a gift.  That's why it is called the present." -Kung Fu Panda

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,019
ingrid@38 wrote
on Nov 2, 2012 2:54 AM

I LOVE the idea. Well, it doesn´t make much of a change for me, I do seedbeading every day anyway, but this will probably generate so much more seed beading, interesting ideas and wonderful designs!!!! I can´t wait to find out what you guys will come up with. 

Challenge accepted.  Happily. Big Smile

Ingrid

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ingridwang69

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,019
ingrid@38 wrote
on Nov 2, 2012 2:56 AM

Oh, Gawd, this was from last year!!!!!!!!!! Faint. 

Ingrid

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ingridwang69

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,041
Editor
on Nov 3, 2012 8:07 AM

It's okay, Ingrid, because we're doing NaSeBeMo again this year! And once again, the timing is perfect for me, because I have to have three pieces finished and photographed before November 30 for a joint exhibit with a friend of mine on the opposite side of the country.

I couldn't do much seed beading yesterday because I got completely knocked out by the worst migraine I've had in over five years. But today, I'll be beading with one of my best friends at my house, curled up next to our cozy, warm wood stove!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Nov 3, 2012 4:23 PM

hello, i love the idea of the NaSeBeMo, accidently i did a bit seedbeading the last two days, though i ususally never get to bead every day like would love it. So i am in, will see if i can keep up. thats a nice but quite a challenge to keep going every day, but blimey it should be possible at least the suggested 15 mins of happybeading, well could see myself failing, but yay lets try that.

Jennifer ohno you got the curse of migraine too, hope not too often, i have that curse too, but lots of tricks to get along with it when its a real bad one, got it since i had intolerance with medizin. It took a long time until the attacks got more rare. Just had it today so i missed a wonderful beaders meeting in my area i was looking forward to go for weeks and had to keep beading at home alone, sigh...but for the positivity i kept beading, was good for the nerves :).

Greetings from my bavarian outpost

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS