Project Accessory Challenge: Week 1: Found Objects

This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,034
Editor
on Oct 28, 2011 2:46 PM

Some of us around here at Interweave were so excited by the new Project Accessory on Lifetime that we decided to do a Bead Along Challenge here on Beading Daily, and a Make Along Challenge over on Jewelry Making Daily! Are you up for the challenge?

If you missed the first episode of Project Accessory, you can watch it for free on Lifetime's website. I won't tell you who the winner was, but I will tell you what the challenge is for this week!

This week, we're using found objects in our beadwork! Anything goes - rummage through your utility drawers, your garage workshops, your attics, your scary basements... Fill a box with "junk" and then go through it and find what inspires you.

Tear, cut, drill, paint and then - of course - BEAD! Use anything you want to create a piece of beaded jewelry with the items you find. And don't be afraid to go over-the-top - make it runway-worthy!

When you're done, post a photo of your found object beaded jewelry in the Reader Gallery using the tag PABAL. (Note: you MUST use the tag PABAL in order for your piece to show up in the Project Accessory Bead Along Gallery!)

Let's see what you can come up with! Need more inspiration? Take a look at some of the steampunk projects in the Beading Daily and Jewelry Making Daily online shops!

"Yesterday is history.  Tomorrow is a mystery.  But today is a gift.  That's why it is called the present." -Kung Fu Panda

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 102
on Oct 28, 2011 6:40 PM

Awesome idea -- I will be blogging about this!

I still need to watch the episode of the show myself, though. The first I heard of it was a link to the show's website, and the "glam" shots of the designers kind of made me laugh. Boy, do I not feel like that! But it's very cool that they're doing a whole show with accessories - woot.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,034
Editor
on Nov 4, 2011 10:22 AM

What did you guys think about Episode 2 with the Swarovski crystals and the shoes? I know I would've been eliminated on that one for sure! I don't think I know how to design a shoe - I was really impressed with the set that won!

"Yesterday is history.  Tomorrow is a mystery.  But today is a gift.  That's why it is called the present." -Kung Fu Panda

Not Ranked
Posts 1
VCSharpin wrote
on Nov 4, 2011 4:23 PM

I would have been "OUT" with the shoe challenge as well. My best attempt would have been wrapping ribbon or cording around my feet.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Nov 12, 2011 8:01 AM

I love Project Runway so I was really excited when I saw Project Accessory! I think it is really amazing as well. I think that this group in some ways have to be much more versitle than the clothing groups. I mean if you can sew you can sew. But jewelry, bags, shoes, etc? I probably would have been out on the shoe one as well. It was nice of those that knew how to help those that didn't. While I think designing shoes would be fun and amazing, I know it must be extremely hard.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 100
kadone wrote
on Nov 16, 2011 2:38 PM

I definitely would have been out on the shoe challenge, as well. Think the next one will be a purse, or a hat?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 76
on Dec 16, 2011 8:53 AM

I love the show and the top three are all my favorites that beetle was so awesome last night

" the future belongs to those who belives in the beauty of their dreams"

Eleanor Roosevelt

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Not Ranked
Posts 1
donatelo wrote
on Mar 17, 2014 6:08 AM

Planning to join for the next challenge, hoping they would have next in line.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 26
on May 4, 2014 2:38 AM

I just love the show! Its really cool.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS