My work will be featured in a charity auction! 2012 update

This post has 20 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,248
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Nov 6, 2011 9:19 AM

Very nice pieces. What a wonderful thing you are doing for Charity.

I have donated several things over the years, and it really gives you a sense of worth. I love giving to good causes.

Will you be attending the event? It is always nice to go and sort of ease drop on what others are saying about your work. You can get some real good unbiased opinions and ideas by just keeping your ears opens. And of course when the bids go higher than what you expected,  that is also a good indication of how your pieces are perceived  by others. Sometimes you actually receive more than what you give, if you know what I mean.

Happy Beading!!!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
wmweeza wrote
on Nov 6, 2011 2:06 PM

We ended up donating 7 items, all but one sold! The one that didn't sell was one my husband insisted we include...lol.

I was thrilled as was the director so we'll be doing this again! We ended up staying till the end and even bough a piece of artwork for an x-mas gift.

It was great exposure and fun. My jewelry was part of the silent auction, but I got to look at the bid sheets and keep track of how my items were doing. They had a live auction too but that was for the high ticket items. It did prove however that there is a market here in this small town area for my stuff and many people did take my business cards!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 563
kareng915 wrote
on Nov 7, 2011 1:09 AM

Congrats! 

karen  ~  BeadDelirium    blog  |  artfire 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 538
Emma.J wrote
on Nov 7, 2011 4:28 PM

That's excellent! Congratulations!!!

Here's to many more sales in the future! Drinks

Emma
xXx

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 255
Sharon Mc wrote
on Nov 8, 2011 3:55 AM

I realize this is after the fact, but as an animal lover myself, thank you for donating such beautiful work to the auction! How exciting!  You displayed your work in such a way that the bidders could really see what wonderful quality workmanship you use in each piece.   This will certainly showcase your art and bring you a larger fan base, yippeeee!!!! Everyone wins!!!! 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
wmweeza wrote
on Oct 19, 2012 5:40 PM

We're doing the event again this year! Now I am going to be arm deep in beading projects for it!

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS