My work will be featured in a charity auction! 2012 update

This post has 20 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
wmweeza wrote
on Oct 26, 2011 1:00 AM

Now, I won't get sales out of this, but it's for one of our favorite charities. A BUNCH of local celebrities and politicians will be there so even though I'm donating my stuff, it will be AWESOME exposure! It's one of the few venues where people will have money to spend and they already plan on spending it.

We attend the charity dinner every year, but this year I saw the auction details and asked if they needed more items, they were thrilled with the idea as am I!
A few local stars and members of the baseball team will be there, so I best remember my business cards!

I wanted to expand where my work is visible, and I think this is the perfect opportunity

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 644
untmom2003 wrote
on Oct 26, 2011 8:25 AM

Congratulations!! That sounds like an awesome way to get some exposure!! Please post pics of the pieces you are going to donate! Would love to see them! Let us know how it turns out!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 785
Tia Dalma wrote
on Oct 26, 2011 11:14 AM

That is wonderful news! How exciting for you!

This is a great opportunity for you to gain exposure and give to charity all at the same time! And the kind of exposure you gain from donating to a charitable cause is sometimes the best you can get! People will not only remember you for your great skill and creativity, but for your charitable heart as well!

So definitely carry a beaded bag full of business cards!

I wish you the best with this endeavor and hope you have a lot of fun with it!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 440
Ricki Ayer wrote
on Oct 26, 2011 11:57 AM

CONGRATULATIONS - THAT IS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!   Be sure to wear one of your beautiful pieces and carry lots of business cards.  This sounds like a great opportunity to get your work seen by people who may turn into customers.  Let us see what you donated.  I hope that your piece brings lots of $$$ for the charity and brings you many new customers!!!

Ricki. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
wmweeza wrote
on Oct 26, 2011 2:37 PM

It's for two local no kill animal shelters.

I may expand this if it goes well and attend other benefits for various causes

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
wmweeza wrote
on Oct 26, 2011 2:41 PM

I'm working on deciding what items to donate and making more today if I need to. I'll post pics here later of what I decided on, either today or tomorrow. I think I'll get at least 5 pieces together and let the director pick. She can either auction all of them as a lot, group a couple themed items together or auction them all separately. Whatever makes the most money (and mentions my business name often would be awesome)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 52
Beadyeyedbug wrote
on Oct 26, 2011 5:43 PM

This is great!!  Love it.  I recently donated all of the beaded ornament covers I had made to a local animal rescue for a sale they were having.  I have no idea how much they made from them but I did get a nice thank you note saying they had met their monetary goal and then some for the sale and wouldn't have been able to do so without my donation.  So that made me feel pretty good.  Hope your work helps raise lots of money for the shelters. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
wmweeza wrote
on Oct 27, 2011 8:23 PM

okay, here's what I'm donating and displaying:

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 563
kareng915 wrote
on Oct 27, 2011 8:39 PM

Really nice selection!!! 

I've donated a couple different pieces to auctions before.  To display the pieces,  I picked up a simple picture frame at the dollar store, removed the glass, used a nice piece of cardstock for the backing, attached your pieces to the card stock, and it makes a nice stand-up display.   This helps the organizers, and ensures your pieces are display to their best advantage.

oh!!!  and good luck at the auction!!  =)

karen  ~  BeadDelirium    blog  |  artfire 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 440
Ricki Ayer wrote
on Oct 28, 2011 6:38 AM

Beautiful collection - you know I am a fan of your paw prints!  The blue necklace is lovely and so is the the pearl one...not sure what I would be bidding on if I was there!!  I am sure your pieces will bring the organization much money - kudos to you for being so generous.  Hopefully it will bring you many new customers - good luck.

Ricki

Ayer Baubles

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,833
KipperCat wrote
on Nov 2, 2011 4:31 PM

You've put together a great collection.  congratulations!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
wmweeza wrote
on Nov 2, 2011 4:53 PM

Thank you, the auction is this saturday, I am VERY excited!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 785
Tia Dalma wrote
on Nov 3, 2011 8:26 AM

You have chosen some great pieces for this auction! I think your paw prints pieces are perfect for this since the charity is for an animal shelter! They will definitely get some good bids on all of these!

I also really like that white bezel with the pearl chain! Very nice!

And your display with the organza bags for each piece looks very professional and it's nice packaging for your work!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 404
tpfrank wrote
on Nov 3, 2011 8:37 AM

Beautiful pieces and very excited for you! Best wishes on the auction and hopefully getting new customers.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Nov 5, 2011 10:32 PM

Heya!

How did the auction go last night? You chose some GORGEOUS pieces to put in. What a great thing to be a part of!

I hope it went well, can't wait to hear all about it!

Emma
xXx

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS