New BeadingDaily Challenge/swap ideas?

This post has 84 Replies | 5 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
Wolfykwe wrote
on Sep 17, 2011 10:54 AM

Wolfykwe:

WOOHOO!!!  I LOVE YOU!!!  Hahahahaha!  Erm... I mean... thanks!  Wink

Um, I hope I didn't put you off with that comment.  I sometimes forget that there can be cultural and regional differences in conversational language, and I'd hate for you to take that the wrong way.  I was just showing my gratitude and joy with enthusiasm and humour.  Just thought maybe I should clarify that.  Smile

The best gift you can give anybody is to love yourself.  Gift 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Sep 17, 2011 4:03 PM

Not at all, not at all. I speak in much the same manner.

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
Wolfykwe wrote
on Sep 17, 2011 5:30 PM

Haha, oh good!  We'll get along just great then!  This is my first ever swap, so at the moment I'm kinda like that dog waiting at the door panting and tail wagging furiously, waiting for her owners to come home, so don't be afraid to say "Down girl!"  every now and again. lol 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
Wolfykwe wrote
on Sep 19, 2011 9:32 PM

Hi Bright, I was just wondering if we could get an update on the swap.  Entry closed on the 15th and all chatter seems to have stopped in this thread.  I'm wondering if I've missed something?  Did I get confused?  This is my first swap so I'd be grateful for any guidance, thanks.  

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
Wolfykwe wrote
on Sep 21, 2011 5:32 PM

Oh I DID miss something!!  Ack!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
Wolfykwe wrote
on Sep 22, 2011 7:15 AM

Bright I can't PM you.  I sent you an email though.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Paula@177 wrote
on Oct 5, 2011 6:25 AM

is this still in the works?  would love to participate!!  like the idea of fall theme or even a "sparkly" theme to go with upcoming winter and how ice sparkles.  let me know

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
Wolfykwe wrote
on Oct 5, 2011 6:32 AM

I don't know... I haven't heard a single thing about it since she said she was extending the deadline.  

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Oct 5, 2011 10:08 AM

Hi everyone, I am so sorry about the delay (I've been having a horrendous time at home). Yes, it's still on. If you'd like to be in on this, send me a message so I can send you my address. The theme is Autumn. Do you guys think two weeks from now is enough time to get the packages made up and sent to me?

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
Wolfykwe wrote
on Oct 5, 2011 10:15 AM

It should be, I think.  Can you let us know how many people are officially in?  Also, I had tried to PM you but you have it turned off.  I emailed you, but don't think you ever got it.  Not sure what to do.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
Wolfykwe wrote
on Oct 8, 2011 6:14 PM

Anybody hear from Bright?  I still haven't gotten her info to send beads yet.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Oct 8, 2011 8:17 PM

Ok I got my profile fixed so anyone can send me messages (I'm still finding my way around the site, not sure how everything works yet).

People who have shown interest are:

squirrelflight

gitksanfire

wolfykwe

christinamarieh

paula@177

blueflute

kareng915

floradoracreations

Ok, so that's 9 participants (including me). Here's how it will work:

I'll send you each my address.

Everyone makes a little packet of beads/findings which will be their contribution to the challenge kit. The contents of the package MUST be in separate bags/strands, 9 to be exact. For example, if you send 1 strand of czech glass per participant, you need to send 9 total (you will receive one in your own challenge kit) separate strands/baggies in your package. The contents must be Autumn themed, whatever Autumn means to you. Otherwise, the contents, quantities, etc,  are up to you. Since the value of different beads/findings varies greatly depending on the type, send whatever you are comfortable with. I like to send 1/2 strand of beads or an equivalent. No need to break the bank or your bead stash (unless you want to, of course). Also include $5 in bills to cover return postage, as it is likely that with 9 participants, the finished challenge kit will warrant a Priority Mail package! :)

Lastly, sign your username somewhere in the package so we know who graciously contributed what.

Everyone who signed up would send 9 identical focals or sets of beads/findings to the swap coordinator (that'd be me) by a deadline, plus enough to cover postage of the completed kits. Once all the stuff has arrived, the coordinator puts together a BD Challenge Kit from all the different things people provided, and sends the kit to the participants.

The rest of it works the same way as the Beadwork Challenge; we all make something using *mostly* the beads in the kit, rounded out with our own materials when necessary.

For example, LB sends in 9 identical sets of firepolished glass beads, BC sends in 9 tubes of seed beads, SA sends in 9 coils of colored craft wire, and BB sends in 9 identical lucite flowers. I realize some of this may vary due to handmade nature (like my handmade clasps) but as long as they're clearly the same style and line and size, and the same process was used to make each, it counts for our purposes as 'identical'.

Quick-review:

make package including 9 identical sets of beads/focals, and $5 in bills to cover postage

Send on or by Oct 22 so I can hopefully send the finished kits out the following week.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 563
kareng915 wrote
on Oct 8, 2011 10:16 PM

I'll let you know when my package has been sent!  =)

karen  ~  BeadDelirium    blog  |  artfire 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
Wolfykwe wrote
on Oct 8, 2011 10:45 PM

Thank you!  Sent my PM, and will start divvying up my beads.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Oct 9, 2011 12:41 PM

Going to make some coffee and make goodie bags!

I'm so excited!

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Page 2 of 6 (85 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS