New BeadingDaily Challenge/swap ideas?

This post has 83 Replies | 4 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Aug 28, 2011 5:44 PM

A while ago we held our own unofficial BD challenge (like in Beadwork magazine). It'd be fun to do it again, but with a theme this time. Any ideas?

[Edit]

A note on how the Challenge works:

Last time we did the Challenge, we had 5 participants. This time we'll have however many sign up by the deadline, so the 5 referenced in the description may or may not match the final number. That said, here's how the challenge works: Everyone who signed up would send 5 identical focals or sets of beads/findings to the swap coordinator (that'd be me) by a deadline, plus enough to cover postage of the completed kits. Once all the stuff has arrived, the coordinator puts together a BD Challenge Kit from all the different things people provided, and sends the kit to the participants.

The rest of it works the same way as the Beadwork Challenge; we all make something using *mostly* the beads in the kit, rounded out with our own materials when necessary.

For example, LB sends in 5 identical sets of firepolished glass beads, BC sends in 5 tubes of seed beads, SA sends in 5 coils of colored craft wire, and BB sends in 5 identical lucite flowers. I realize some of this may vary due to handmade nature (like my handmade clasps) but as long as they're clearly the same style and line and size, and the same process was used to make each, it counts for our purposes as 'identical'.

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 256
blueflute wrote
on Aug 29, 2011 10:22 AM

Autumn? Halloween? golds and browns? metals?

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 348
Chibabies6 wrote
on Aug 30, 2011 4:32 AM

I dont really have any great ideas for a theme.. but wanted you know that I would love to participate.  :-)  Just didnt want you to think no one was interested.  Wink

Michelle K.

Follow my As They Grow project..  weekly pictures of my 3 chihuahuas from birth to age 1.

http://chibeads.shutterfly.com/

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 563
kareng915 wrote
on Aug 31, 2011 11:13 PM

halloween could be fun!?

karen  ~  BeadDelirium    blog  |  artfire 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Sep 1, 2011 2:02 PM

Halloween might be fun. Oranges, blacks, purples and greens?

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Not Ranked
Posts 9
on Sep 1, 2011 9:01 PM

Is it all genre's of beading? For instance, I do stringing, wire wrapping and lampwork. Does it have to be weaving, etc? I also love the idea of a fall/halloween challenge. It will be my first!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 348
Chibabies6 wrote
on Sep 3, 2011 10:18 AM

Hi Floradora!  I would assume that all beaders, wirework, would be welcome!  I'd love to see what you do with the theme too..

so.. is a theme decided?  do we have some participants?? LOL  Also the title says  challenge/ swap...    I personally would prefer to just do a challenge with our own stash with a theme than a swap.. just less work IMO.. just my vote.. see what others want to do.  Smile

Michelle K.

Follow my As They Grow project..  weekly pictures of my 3 chihuahuas from birth to age 1.

http://chibeads.shutterfly.com/

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 563
kareng915 wrote
on Sep 6, 2011 3:42 AM

Challenge sounds good to me... I'm in!

karen  ~  BeadDelirium    blog  |  artfire 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 57
gitksanfire wrote
on Sep 7, 2011 6:49 PM

I'm in.  Fall theme sounds good to me. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Sep 7, 2011 9:45 PM

The challenge/swap is open to all kinds of beaders, of course.

Part of the charm of the challenge is using materials we might not have thought to use, so sets of beads to be mailed will be part of this challenge.

Participants are free to sign up between now and Sep 14th, after which sign-up will be closed and we will begin putting together our challenge packages.If you want to participate, please PM me and I will send you the address to send the packet to.

Last time the finished challenge kit fit nicely into a small Priority Mail flat rate box or envelope, so everyone include $5 with their bead packet.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Sep 8, 2011 9:19 PM

I would be interested if this is a fall themed challenge (reds, yellows, oranges, dark greens etc.)

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 391
Wolfykwe wrote
on Sep 15, 2011 6:49 AM

Am I too late to sign up?  I've been watching for new challenges in the Bead Chat section, because that's where I found the last challenge.  I just found this now.  It's still so early in the day... could I sneak in?

The best gift you can give anybody is to love yourself.  Gift 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Sep 15, 2011 10:42 AM

Ok, deadline to get in has been extended to the end of today. :D

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 391
Wolfykwe wrote
on Sep 15, 2011 1:23 PM

WOOHOO!!!  I LOVE YOU!!!  Hahahahaha!  Erm... I mean... thanks!  Wink

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 391
Wolfykwe wrote
on Sep 16, 2011 6:31 PM

I'm going to be hitting the amazing bead sale at Michaels tomorrow morning.  I can't wait to see what I can find to send out for the swap.  :0)

Page 1 of 6 (84 items) 1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS