The First Beading Daily Bead Along!

This post has 106 Replies | 13 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,472
Evalie wrote
on Sep 13, 2011 6:49 PM

Well this is what I get for trying to start this too late.....I only have a few inches done, but love the look so far ! I used a dark sand color-lined 11 seed bead and orange coral pieces. I'll definately be finishing this one ! ( even if I'm WAY behind )

Evalie

Massachusetts Coast

http://www.etsy.com/shop/4evadorn 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 363
Ruth. wrote
on Sep 13, 2011 7:05 PM

Wow the colors are pretty Evalie. I hope you post it when you are done. Everyone I have seen is very nice. Diane step away from the necklace....it's mine (scoops it up and runs wildly) . LOL. I love the natural colors you used!

Shippensburg Pennsylvania - about 30 minutes from Gettysburg

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,472
Evalie wrote
on Sep 13, 2011 7:32 PM

So far, I love all the color combos used !!!! Not having a supply of gemstone chips or enough quantities of delicas meant I had to substitute the supplies, but I like the 'coral in the sand' look......and I have LOADS of these coral strands ! I can't believe how fast this works up.....now I just have to wait for my arthritis to stop its flare-up, and I can hopefully get this done !

Did anyone else discover that if you use the follow the sizing in the pattern that a few rows of this would be an awesome ring?!?!? I was using my forefinger to help hold the piece, and it fit perfectly !

Evalie

Massachusetts Coast

http://www.etsy.com/shop/4evadorn 

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 143
quekpeggy wrote
on Sep 13, 2011 11:41 PM

Oh such lovely brilliant colour, Evalie.  Love it.

And yes, I too have realized that it could be an awesome ring.   I was too engrossed with the stitching and eager to finish the necklace thus have put the idea at the back of my mind.  

Thanks for reminding me.  I shall make some rings with this technique.Big Smile

Peggy

http://pq-beaddreamer.blogspot.com

We make a living by what we get;
we make a life by what we give.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
TashaMc wrote
on Sep 14, 2011 3:06 AM

QuekPeggy: "I noticed your non-chip section is not hollow."

That's a bit of an optical illusion! I decreased the netting so that there's only one bead between each highlight bead, which makes the tube teeny-tiny and therefore it looks solid.

LOVE, love, love your colours!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 143
quekpeggy wrote
on Sep 14, 2011 6:16 AM

Perdita2:
there's only one bead between each highlight bead, which makes the tube teeny-tiny and therefore it looks solid.

Oh-oh, no wonder mine looks so hollow at the non-chip section - I picked five beads instead of three for each stitch as instructed! Haha, it's so embarrassing.Embarrassed

Peggy

http://pq-beaddreamer.blogspot.com

We make a living by what we get;
we make a life by what we give.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
TashaMc wrote
on Sep 14, 2011 8:30 AM

quekpeggy:

Oh-oh, no wonder mine looks so hollow at the non-chip section - I picked five beads instead of three for each stitch as instructed! Haha, it's so embarrassing.Embarrassed

I'm just not very good at sticking to instructions, I like to play around and see what happens! Also, I fidget an inordinate amount and if my necklace is really big at the back I end up with a scratched neck. All of my stuff narrows at the back of the neck to get around that, even if I'm making it for someone else (unless they particularly don't want me to do that).

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Sep 14, 2011 5:57 PM

Thanks, I love it too!  I look forward to wearing it!

Diane Duncan

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Sep 14, 2011 5:57 PM

Thanks, I love it too!  I look forward to wearing it!

Diane Duncan

Not Ranked
Posts 1
MissB2 wrote
on Sep 16, 2011 4:30 PM

I want to thank you for this bead-along idea. Not only did it give me a wonderful idea to use up my amethyst bead chips but also incentivised me to try a new technique. I decided to use a copper-lined dark bronze with the amethyst chips.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
b.wieber wrote
on Sep 17, 2011 9:54 AM

Is it too late to join in?

Not Ranked
Posts 3
nmkempm wrote
on Sep 18, 2011 8:01 PM

I'm finally starting mine really late.  (That's what happens when you're a CPA with tax deadlines!)  The pictures that have been posted helped me to see where I went wrong and I will now be restarting.  Really looking forward to my end result.  I've chosen Ruby Zoisite and matching purple 11 seed beads.  I'm a novice and this will be my first real project.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
TashaMc wrote
on Sep 19, 2011 5:56 AM

Fantastic, the mothers-in-law (biological and step) both love the necklace... that's Christmas sorted. Hurrah!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 567
Beadiecat wrote
on Sep 19, 2011 8:50 AM

B.Wieber, it's never too late!  Smile  We always like seeing pictures of a members completed projects.  I'd love to see your version of this necklace.

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,042
Editor
on Sep 21, 2011 10:02 AM

It's never too late to join in! (And I guess it's never too late to reply to a message in this thread, either!)

If any of you would like me to put pictures of your finished pieces in an upcoming blog post, you can email them to me at jvanbenschoten@interweave.com. Put "Net Full of Gems" in the subject line, and include your name and your location in the email. Thanks!

"Yesterday is history.  Tomorrow is a mystery.  But today is a gift.  That's why it is called the present." -Kung Fu Panda

Page 7 of 8 (107 items) « First ...  < Previous  4 5 6 7 8  Next > | RSS