The First Beading Daily Bead Along!

This post has 106 Replies | 13 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 30
Mary AnneF wrote
on Sep 11, 2011 6:47 PM

OMG this is a beautiful color combination!!! I just bought the sunset mix at Michael's today (they are on clearance at my store) to use in another version of the necklace. I was wondering if they would work in this project, and obviously they will...thanks for sharing!

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Sep 11, 2011 6:53 PM

Okay, guess I need to resize my photo!  Hope this version is small/large enough to see the whole necklace.  Chalk it up to learning the ropes!

Diane Duncan

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Sep 11, 2011 7:09 PM

Thanks Mary Anne.  I wear a lot of taupe and black and this will add both texture and warmth when I wear it.  I'm also not a 'glitter' person so the earthiness is great. 

Anyone:

I would like feedback on the 'lack of roundness'.  Am I right in assuming that it was the uneven size of the beads and the fact that some of the chips were drilled lengthwise and others crosswise and varied greatly in shape?  How large were the tubes that held their shape?  Were the chips more even in size and drilling?   I might try another necklace in netting but if I do it would be to get the more rigit 'round' look.

Diane Duncan

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 143
quekpeggy wrote
on Sep 11, 2011 11:45 PM

Wow, wow,wow, These are just beautiful.  I'm like a little girl excitingly waiting to open a present a day - anticipating surprises everyday!  

Cavecreekbeads, can't wait to see your end product.

Diane, I like your 'lack of roundness' look.  In fact I was trying to achieve this effect but couldn't because I was using nylon string which is too stiff for that.

Peggy

http://pq-beaddreamer.blogspot.com

We make a living by what we get;
we make a life by what we give.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Sep 12, 2011 2:28 AM

Wow! These "Beautiful Pieces " all look like they are different stitches. I am going to have to download this pattern. I got  alot of Chips in all colors and sizes left over from the "Soup Bead Bracelet". I love the look of all of them.

it is so amazing the same stitch looks so differnt. Thanks for doing this Bead along. I love it. and sorry I missed it.

I just have to check in more often.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 30
Mary AnneF wrote
on Sep 12, 2011 6:24 AM

Diane, was one hank of seed beads from Michael's enough for your project, or should I go back for another? Big Smile

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 404
tpfrank wrote
on Sep 12, 2011 7:50 AM

I have just read the entire posting from all of the participants so far and I love each one of your pieces.  I was way to busy doing other projects to do this one, but I did download the pattern to try later.  I am looking forward to being a part of the next bead along.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Sep 12, 2011 8:21 AM

I just had one hank.  When I went to the delica web I used a #10 matte beed for the centre bead throughout the decreases.  Then went to only matte black for the circular peyote sections.  By introducing these beads gently they blend well.

Diane Duncan

Not Ranked
Posts 18
WeaveABead wrote
on Sep 12, 2011 8:41 AM

Thank  you to Jennifer for putting this bead along together. I have enjoyed beading with the group and look forward to the next challenge. I'll try to jump in earlier next time. I had to really push to finish this one on time.

I love looking at everyone's different color ways. It really makes me think about pushing out beyond my favorite color combinations.

If any of you are on facebook, please friend me!

Karen Barber Firnberg

WeaveABead

Not Ranked
Posts 8
patrish128 wrote
on Sep 12, 2011 3:33 PM

Not Ranked
Posts 8
patrish128 wrote
on Sep 12, 2011 3:34 PM

I did somethimng different I can wear as a bracelet or necklace

Not Ranked
Posts 8
patrish128 wrote
on Sep 12, 2011 3:36 PM

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,826
KipperCat wrote
on Sep 12, 2011 6:31 PM

I like that idea Patrish, it makes a lovely piece either way.  I like all of the posted works.  It's fun to see the different looks from the same set of directions.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Ishtah wrote
on Sep 13, 2011 4:21 PM

I'd love to have tried this one only when I started with my (what I thought were ) size 11 seed beads and something bright as contrast it turned out to be wwaaayyyy too large! Then I had an order come in for a necklace and totaly missed the wagon on this beadalong but can't wait for the next one.

I am replying to you because I wondered if you have  a needle threader. They are simply awesome and being vision impaird I have to do things a bit slower and differently some times than most.

I have a total of 30% vision both eyes combined which is not fab when trying to thread a needle or do any kind of beading but I love all of the infinate possabilities and colours!

sorry about the spelling and good luck all hope you had fun!

Ishy

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 30
Mary AnneF wrote
on Sep 13, 2011 4:28 PM

Ishy, if you want to come back to it later, I used half the number of beads in each round to make it more of a daily wear instead of a special occassion necklace. It is turning out perfect size-wise (not beading wise, LOL)!

Not my idea, I read it on this thread, but I thought it was worth mentioning again...

Mary Anne

Page 6 of 8 (107 items) « First ...  < Previous  4 5 6 7 8  Next > | RSS