Not Ranked
Posts 3
Love2Bead2 wrote
on Sep 9, 2011 9:11 AM

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Mags279 wrote
on Sep 9, 2011 9:29 PM

I hope I am not too late. Heck... even if I don't get it done really quickly I will enjoy learning a new technique!!  Have to go choose my beads and get started!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 30
Mary AnneF wrote
on Sep 9, 2011 9:35 PM

As slow as I'm going, you're definitely not too late! Geeked

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 143
quekpeggy wrote
on Sep 9, 2011 11:11 PM

Perdita2, your choker is beautiful - nice color and very neat work!  I noticed your non-chip section is not hollow.  Did you use another technique?  It looks gorgeous.

I've finished mine too but it is very amateur.  Beadweaving is very interesting and therapeutic with the repetitive stitches.  I think I'll try some other techniques.

As this is my trial work, I tried to make do with whatever I have.  The beads may be size 12 whatnot, the chips were clear quartz and blue whatnot and the hook/eye were handmade (learned to do last minute).  I used two tones because I did not have enough beads for single color.  I hope the color combination is all right.

Peggy

http://pq-beaddreamer.blogspot.com

We make a living by what we get;
we make a life by what we give.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 30
Mary AnneF wrote
on Sep 10, 2011 9:29 AM

Peggy, your colors are beautiful!! I love how yours turned out.

Not Ranked
Posts 18
WeaveABead wrote
on Sep 10, 2011 11:02 AM

Here's what I did last night.

Karen Barber Firnberg

WeaveABead

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 143
quekpeggy wrote
on Sep 10, 2011 5:44 PM

That's very interesting, Karen.  By using multicolor seed beads, it gives a total different look of the netting!  Good job!

Peggy

http://pq-beaddreamer.blogspot.com

We make a living by what we get;
we make a life by what we give.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
EllenT@10 wrote
on Sep 10, 2011 7:51 PM

I love the netting stitches.   This one looks beautiful

Not Ranked
Posts 18
WeaveABead wrote
on Sep 11, 2011 12:42 PM

Here it is finished. I'm very happy with the end result. I think it will look great with a black top.

Karen Barber Firnberg

WeaveABead

Not Ranked
Posts 23
on Sep 11, 2011 3:55 PM

Beautiful! Very elegant!

Not Ranked
Posts 23
on Sep 11, 2011 3:59 PM

Well, I am running behind as usual but will finish eventually! I selected earth tones and you can see my humble progress below. The participants have really created some beautiful pieces.

Not Ranked
Posts 23
on Sep 11, 2011 4:00 PM

This is lovely. It reminds me of Spring. Nice job!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
jjs_hunnypot wrote
on Sep 11, 2011 4:23 PM

The projects are all beautiful! I would love to attempt this one with you, but do not have a local bead store to grab the items from.  At this late date, I might have tried Michael's (40 minute drive), if I thought I had a hope of finding size 15 beading needles or the right thread.  I know I have some gemstone chips in my stash, but it's sadly lacking in seed beads.  I rarely have more than 5-7 grams of a color.  I may have to change that if I like this technique after trying it. FireMountain here I come!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 30
Mary AnneF wrote
on Sep 11, 2011 5:01 PM

jjs_hunnypot, my Michael's does carry Fireline in 10 lb. weight which I used double for this project and it has been excellent. They only had size 12 needles, but I have made those work too.

I did buy Delicas from Fire Mountain because I was placing an order anyway, and they come in 50 gram sizes for cheaper than I can buy 4 tubes at Michael's even with coupons.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Sep 11, 2011 6:42 PM

Somehow, as a newby, I missed finding the forum but have been beading along anyway!  Just finished the findings last night.  I used Sunset Mix seed beads (from bead landing) from Michaels (no size on tag) and a mixture of stone chips I picked up in Quartzsite last winter - Pink Lady Jasper, Gold Stone and Blackstone.  I am tall and like longer length necklaces so I stuck to the pattern, extending the Delica netting by a few rows and extending my seed beads with some matte black beads.  Then added more length with matte black beads in tubular peyote stitch.

I noticed near the beginning that the tube was flattening but blamed it on the uneven sizes of my seed beads and chips.  My tube measures 4 inches around.  However, because of the longer length the 'soft' shape actually hangs very nicely.  This was a first 'netting' project and I'm quite pleased with it.  Lots of fun.  Looking forward to seeing the rest of the results!

Diane Duncan

Page 5 of 8 (107 items) « First ...  < Previous  3 4 5 6 7  Next >  ... Last » | RSS