The First Beading Daily Bead Along!

This post has 106 Replies | 13 Followers rated by 2 users
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Ishtah wrote
on Sep 3, 2011 2:56 AM

Sounds like fun! I was going to make a necklace for a family member anyway and this might look good if I can get a hang of my tension. *sigh* yet another challenge for the blind beader!

P.s. sorry about spelling misshaps.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 30
Mary AnneF wrote
on Sep 3, 2011 7:04 AM

Hi, I am jumping in late as usual. I just got the beads I am using yesterday - Moonstone chips and pearl Delicas. I am not new to jewelry making, but brand new to beading/netting!!  I hope I'm not in over my head. Off to Michaels today to use my  coupon to buy thread so I can get started.

I am sure I will be here a LOT for help from you wonderful beaders!

--Mary Anne

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 348
Chibabies6 wrote
on Sep 3, 2011 8:05 AM

Wow  Yvette!  I love those colors!  What are the little clear chips??  I really like how they pick up just enough of the seed bead color .. just gorgeous... I want some too!!!!!!  LOL 

Michelle K.

Follow my As They Grow project..  weekly pictures of my 3 chihuahuas from birth to age 1.

http://chibeads.shutterfly.com/

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bandyboo wrote
on Sep 3, 2011 9:58 AM

I, too, am just jumping in today.  Welcome to PamTime... where people are always late!  The old saying of being late for one's funeral?  I think that I'm on that track.  I've only done netting once, and that was with my teacher/friend sitting right next to me, so this will be a challenge.  I'm off to start digging through my stash.  And if I come up empty, thankfully it's Saturday and my bead store is open!  Jen, thanks for starting this.  It sounds so fun just from reading everyone's posts!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Kraftigal wrote
on Sep 3, 2011 11:27 AM

Hi - I'm just jumping on the bandwagon late myself. I previously printed out the info, but got busy with other projects. So now I just need to get my act together and get started. I have previously done some simple netting, so it should just be a matter of counting carefully to get things started. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's results.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
YvetteF3 wrote
on Sep 3, 2011 4:38 PM

Michelle, I have no idea what they are. I had a strand of the blue and a strand of the clear and figured I'd mix the two. It is very hard for me, though. I am not good at "random" at all! I have to not look and just grab a bead from the pile.

I think that I have discovered part of my problem. I am using 6 pound Fireline, but did not double it. I am going to start a new piece and double the thread to see where that gets me.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
TashaMc wrote
on Sep 5, 2011 2:15 AM

C'mon Squirrelflight, I want to see yours!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
TashaMc wrote
on Sep 5, 2011 2:18 AM

Guessing here, but the clear chips look like either moonstone or clear quartz (probably moonstone from the slight rainbow effect), while the blue chips look like lapis. Yvette, the colour is so rich, I love it!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 348
Chibabies6 wrote
on Sep 5, 2011 9:49 AM

Perdita2:

C'mon Squirrelflight, I want to see yours!

babbahahahahhahahhahaaaa.... ..    Mine is sitting here nearing the point of magically transforming into a bracelet because it seriously sucks!  LOL   I think it will make a pretty bracelet but the netting is too loose and I do not like it as a necklace feature at all..   hahahahaaa..   So that is why no one has seen it yet..   it's kinda pitiful but with a gorgeous color scheme and some nice sparkle so what to do.. what to do.. LOL

Michelle K.

Follow my As They Grow project..  weekly pictures of my 3 chihuahuas from birth to age 1.

http://chibeads.shutterfly.com/

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bandyboo wrote
on Sep 5, 2011 12:39 PM

I'm not just falling over in love with mine, either.  I'm using really small olive pearl chipe/baby deformed pearls and bronze delicas, so I didn't double the thread.  I've already cut the chips from 12 to 6 in each row.  Maybe if I'd cut the delicas down to 2 instead of 3, or use 15's?  Or change delica colors?  It's just too something... blah, "netty", not holding a tube shape -- I'm not sure what, but I'm on the fence about continuing.  I've never thought I have ADD, but beading at 55 has kind of brought that out in me!  I want to like it real early on, or I'm ready to ditch it and move to something else!  Pam :-)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on Sep 5, 2011 1:46 PM

Yvette, I tend to have the same problem with random.  I really like the random look, but my brain wants to organize the randomness!  I think your idea of not looking at the pile is a great one.

I just found this today, and am off to look at the pattern.  Great idea, Jen!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
vpartri wrote
on Sep 5, 2011 5:28 PM

Looking forward to trying this piece.  Thanks for posting.Smile

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 30
Mary AnneF wrote
on Sep 5, 2011 6:07 PM

What do I do if I run out of THREAD?? I started with one yard, then doubled it and I'm only through about 3 rows and I'm almost out....

Can I connect a second piece?? If so, I would love any tips on doing that.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
YvetteF3 wrote
on Sep 5, 2011 6:54 PM

MaryAnne, there is a box on page three with instructions on ending and adding thread. If you need help after reading that, post again and we will try to help you.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
TashaMc wrote
on Sep 6, 2011 2:10 AM

Bandyboo, there's nothing wrong with ADD (I call it Beader's Dilettante Disorder, BDD) Big Smile

I also like to like things really early on, I'm too busy to make things I don't like. My approach is to bead up a sample following the pattern on paper or in my head, and if I don't like it then make more samples with various tweaks to the pattern. If you think you'll like it more, try starting a new piece with two delicas, just for a few rounds. Then decide which one to carry on with. 

And Squirrelflight, I'm still looking forward to seeing your bracelet/necklace/whatever!

Page 3 of 8 (107 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS