Posts 8
patrish128 wrote
on Aug 31, 2011 7:44 PM

Thank You, will look forward to see your results

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
TashaMc wrote
on Sep 1, 2011 3:18 AM

I really didn't like mine when I started it, but persevered. After about ten rounds I decided to leave off and start another tube that was half the size - the version started with six beads instead of twelve is much more my scale, so I'm going to use that variation. My next challenge? I've decided that I need to change my delica colours because I just don't dig the pastels! Any suggestions for good combinations to use with fluorite? I'm thinking a dusky olive green...

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 72
tiger@4 wrote
on Sep 1, 2011 6:27 AM

Have not been on for a few days so just downloaded the instructions and will now go and look for some beads and will try and start tonight.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 348
Chibabies6 wrote
on Sep 1, 2011 8:20 AM

Mine is coming along.. I also cut the beginning round in half bc well I'm a 'casual' dresser and wanted it to be more in line with my style... lol   I'm using SL light pin 11s, bronze glass pearls and and amber AB crystals for my mine.  Coming out very pretty and classy.. the 11s being larger than delicas and the pearls and crystals being smaller than chips is making my netting a bit 'looser' looking but I'm liking it.

I also noticed that the tension and direction of the tension made a difference so I have a ring sizer things and am keeping that tucked into the tube to stitch around.  A bit awkward but its working.

Michelle K.

Follow my As They Grow project..  weekly pictures of my 3 chihuahuas from birth to age 1.

http://chibeads.shutterfly.com/

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
TashaMc wrote
on Sep 1, 2011 8:39 AM

OOh, like the idea of upping the delicas to size 11s

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
TashaMc wrote
on Sep 2, 2011 5:28 AM

Sharing time... I've played with the size, the colours and the tension, and I think I'm happy now. Fluorite chips with some ancient purple AB beads from the bottom of the bead stash (somewhere between a delica and a hex bead, goodness knows what brand).

Not Ranked
Posts 5
lamoney36 wrote
on Sep 2, 2011 7:01 AM

Love the idea of a bead along.  Am spending the weekend away from home with my baby son (36 lol) and don't have anything to work with.  Just found the link to this and have downloaded directions.  Now to order everything I need so when I get back to Houston I should have everything I need or it should be delivered  shortly.  Can't wait to get started.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 348
Chibabies6 wrote
on Sep 2, 2011 9:41 AM

Wow Perdita!!  Love your colors.. jut gorgeous!!

Michelle K.

Follow my As They Grow project..  weekly pictures of my 3 chihuahuas from birth to age 1.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
suecampbell wrote
on Sep 2, 2011 9:58 AM

I'm coming late to the party, and I'm very new to beading. I have some chips and some size 11s in my box so I'll try with that. I don't even understand all the terminology when it comes to bead sizes. What are ABs and are Delicas always a particular size? Is there a cheat sheet somewhere that will tell me all the various names and sizes? My Michaels doesn't carry many different sizes of seed beads. I've asked at my local bead specialty shop for "cylindar" beads (like Leslie Rogowski refers to them) and they just look at me like I'm nuts.

I've done a little peyote, and a spiral stitch, but never tubular netting. This will be fun—now if I can find the time...

Not Ranked
Posts 2
suecampbell wrote
on Sep 2, 2011 10:01 AM

Very pretty Perdita. I love the subtle variation in colors. Smile

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 348
Chibabies6 wrote
on Sep 2, 2011 10:51 AM

Hi Sue!  Here are a few links for you to check out that should help!  Big Smile

http://beadweaver.blogspot.com/2009/11/basics-of-seed-bead-finishes-sizes.html

http://www.letsbead.com/seed-beads.html

http://www.jewelry-and-polymerclay-tutorial-heaven.com/Seed-beads.html#axzz1WoYFU9bo

Michelle K.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
YvetteF3 wrote
on Sep 2, 2011 11:09 AM

I am using size 11 seed beads instead of the Delicas. I also am not so sure about it because it is so wide. I mean, it basically fits on my pointer finger like a ring, which makes me think it will just lay flat. I am going to perservere, though. If it doesn't get better soon, I may have to do like some others mentioned and make the base row smaller.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,055
Editor
on Sep 2, 2011 11:25 AM

Delicas are cylinder beads, meaning that they are slightly smaller and slightly more square than a plain ol' size 11 seed bead. Cylinder beads come in a few sizes - 11, 8 and 15. Big box craft stores like Michael's usually don't have a great selection of seed beads, but they should know what a cylinder bead is at your local bead shop!

Here's a little article I wrote back when I was the Guide to Beadwork about seed bead sizes. I suspect that I'll be doing another similar set of blogs here on Beading Daily:

Seed Bead Sizes and What They Mean

I hope this helps! Welcome!

"Yesterday is history.  Tomorrow is a mystery.  But today is a gift.  That's why it is called the present." -Kung Fu Panda

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
YvetteF3 wrote
on Sep 2, 2011 3:03 PM

I wanted to post a picture, but I cannot seem to get it to work. I clicked on Insert Media and found my picture, but when I click on insert, nothing happens.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
YvetteF3 wrote
on Sep 2, 2011 3:41 PM

Okay, I guess I was just too impatient. Here is my effort so far. It actually looks better in the picture (that's a first). I decided to mix two different color chips. I am still not sure about this project, but we shall see.

Page 2 of 8 (107 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS