Seed beads and all supplies to give away or trade for stringing materials and tools

This post has 59 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 18
on Aug 13, 2011 1:36 AM

*I originally posted this in the wrong area! Thank you for sending me to the right one! What follows was my original post*

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong area. I don't use forums often..just joined this one in fact. I need to know if there is a place to list items I have to give away or trade? I recently came out of remission and my doctor said the strain of seed beading isn't good for my sight if I plan on keeping it, so I am trying out different venues! I am interested in giving away or trading my seed bead supplies *too many to even begin to list, but if someone is interested, I can type it out and send it*, and am looking for any supplies to get started on stringing and/or wire working. I don't have a ton of money, so suggestions or ideas that are cost effective are extremely helpful! Selling my jewelry is how I have been making my living for the past 2 years, so it is vitally important to me to be able to shift my creativity and learn to string and do wire work relatively quickly so that I can keep supporting myself and my children. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 781
Tia Dalma wrote
on Aug 13, 2011 2:06 AM

Hi Marianna,

I am a seed beader and would love some of your seed beads but I don't know that I have much in the way of trade as I don't do any stringing!...But I will look through my stuff and see if I can find anything that would be useful to a stringer to be!

I will email or private message you from your bio page to let you know what I find and we can see if you want to work a trade of some sort!

Thanks,

Tia

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 348
Chibabies6 wrote
on Aug 13, 2011 8:18 AM

I have some undrilled sea glass that I could trade for seeds.  You could make wire wrapped pendants with them.  Let me know if interested and I'll post a picture

Michelle K.

Follow my As They Grow project..  weekly pictures of my 3 chihuahuas from birth to age 1.

http://chibeads.shutterfly.com/

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 567
Beadiecat wrote
on Aug 13, 2011 8:18 AM

Marianna, I sent you an e-mail.

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 77
absynith wrote
on Aug 21, 2011 9:35 PM

Oops I just noticed the date.  I am always late lol

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 446
megabgirl wrote
on Aug 22, 2011 2:57 PM

Is it too late to see if you have any left? I live and breathe seed bead jewelry.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,290
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Aug 24, 2011 11:22 AM

If you still have some seed beads, I have given up stinging for the most part, more and have more beads then what I could use in three life times. You may contact me thought this site.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 523
on Aug 24, 2011 3:24 PM

Hi Everyone. I emailed Marianna and asked her she got my package of beads I sent to her and she emailed me back saying  that she has been hospitalized and won't be home until the weekend. She did say though that her roommate sent out packages on Wednesday (today) so we should all be getting packages soon.

Happy Beading!

shellie :-)

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Not Ranked
Posts 18
on Aug 25, 2011 9:24 PM

Thanks Shellie for letting everyone know!

If you have sent me your address, there is a package on its way to you with the items we discussed you wanted/needed. If you haven't sent it to me, I am sending out more items on Saturday, as I just got home tonight and won't be up to going to the post office tomorrow. I have A TON of Toho beads left in all colors and most sizes...(appear to have only a few left in size 6, sorry). I have two totes with Delicas still..ALOT of them greens, blues, oranges, yellows and reds. Some black..no more browns, sorry. I have alot of jewel tones, and some BRIGHT colors.

If you have preferences, let me know. I also have 6 books of designs left, so if you are a newbie and want step by step instructions, these may work for you. I used them when I was teaching seeding.

Also, if anyone has any beads leftover for stringing, I am still looking to widen my cache! I recieved a box from Shellie..and got some REALLY neat items...so THANKS Shellie! 

Thanks!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 567
Beadiecat wrote
on Aug 25, 2011 9:38 PM

I'm glad to hear that you are home, and I hope you feel better soon!

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Not Ranked
Posts 18
on Aug 25, 2011 9:56 PM

Sue,

I still have all colors and sizes of toho seeds, and quite a few delicas. If you tell me which colors and sizes you prefer, or if you just want me to randonly choose, and send your addy, I can ship your box out on saturday with the others for friends here on bd. I would just ask that you let me know when the box arrives, and maybe see something that you make? I miss seed beading..but I have no choice right now :o(

As for me, I like just about everything and anything. If you have things that you arent using, whatever they may be, would work wonders for me! lol. I am not picky..I just want to be able to play and see if I can get the same connection when I am stringing as I did when I was seeding.

Please send your color and size preferences asap though, so I can get your things sent saturday so you dont have to wait. Thanks! Sorry about the delay in contacting you, but I wasnt able to post at that time.

Just Edited this...and realized I dont know how to email you privately to give you my address and get yours. Most people emailed my private address...help! lol

In Peace,

Marianna

Not Ranked
Posts 18
on Aug 26, 2011 6:23 PM

All boxes are packaged and taped up, ready to go to the mail tomorrow! I will be sending everything priority mail, so they should be to everyone relatively quickly!

Anyone who hasn't sent me an email but wants some seeds and assorted items, please get your info to me as soon as you can. I am doing a mail run tomorrow, and another sometime at the beginning of next week. After that, anything that I have leftover is going to a local teen art center.

Right now, I still have boxes and boxes left, so don't be shy about wanting anything please!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,290
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Aug 26, 2011 7:11 PM

Mariann I just e-mailed you my address and my desires. I am sending you a full small flat rate box full. I took a picture of the contents but couldn't send it by the sites e-mail service. so I hope it is okay I have posted the picture here.  I still had more room when I went to close it so I added a few other things.This should help get you started in stringing. I still have tons more, let me know if you want to trade for more.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 563
kareng915 wrote
on Aug 26, 2011 10:44 PM

HI Marianna,

I just sent you an email.  If you click on a persons name or avatar, it will take you to their profile page.  On the left side, you can then click on send an email, to contact someone outside of this thread... for sharing addresses.  =)

karen  ~  BeadDelirium    blog  |  artfire 

Not Ranked
Posts 18
on Aug 27, 2011 2:49 AM

Cat, Shellie...did either of you get your packages yet? I am afraid my roommate sent them regular postal *UGH*, rather than priority like I usually do...but am not sure how much that will delay their arrival.

Please let me know when you get them! Thanks! I love a good beading swap!

Page 1 of 4 (60 items) 1 2 3 4  Next > | RSS