Hello from Tulsa!

This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 2
deer watson wrote
on Aug 13, 2011 1:21 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm brand new here and have recently been feeling my Cherokee-ness so I decided to try some beading. My grandfather made beautiful belts and hatbands but now that I'm old enough to understand how cool that is, he's gone and cannot show me. 

I have a little loom and bought some supplies today for bracelets so I'm super excited! Just wanted to say hi and warn you that I will have lots of ridiculous questions I'm sure.

What doesn't kill you, doesn't kill you.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 780
Tia Dalma wrote
on Aug 13, 2011 2:12 AM

Welcome to Beading Daily!

We love ridiculous questions here! Haha! But just remember that no question is a stupid question! We all have to learn somewhere...and this is a great place to start! there are so many helpful people here and our combined knowledge base is pretty amazing since we all know different stuff about different techniques!

So please, ask anything and I am sure someone here will be able to help you!

Also, I am sorry you lost your grandfather...but it is awesome that you want to learn traditions from your Cherokee roots and carry that culture and knowledge forward!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
deer watson wrote
on Aug 13, 2011 7:28 PM

thank you so much. Maybe I will be able to teach someone someday :)

What doesn't kill you, doesn't kill you.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
Wolfykwe wrote
on Aug 21, 2011 9:19 AM

Welcome!!  Cherokee is such a beautiful language, I have an album by Walela that contains Amazing Grace sung in Cherokee.... it gives me chills every time I hear it.  I absolutely adore that you are eager to honour your grandfather and carry on his beading tradition.  This is such an incredible place.  Very welcoming and informative and quite fun too!  I think you're going to like it here.

The best gift you can give anybody is to love yourself.  Gift 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS