Beaded flowers, shapes, etc.

This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
patinlv wrote
on Jul 2, 2011 11:21 AM

Hi all:  Am trying to find the less common patterns for beaded flowers that look "real" and don't take a lifetime to make.  Prefer working in seed beads of course and would be grateful for anything unique that isn't showing here on beading daily already.

Best in beading to all.

patinlv.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 787
Tia Dalma wrote
on Jul 2, 2011 3:02 PM

I'm not sure if you are looking for French Style Beaded Flowers that use wire to form the flowers or if you are wanting patterns for Beadwoven flowers. Both styles are wonderful and you can make some very realistic looking flowers...and they both use seed beads!

I have Diane Fitzgerald's book The Beaded Garden and it is amazing. She teaches you the techniques for several different styles of leaves and flower petals and then shows you many ways to put them all together to form a variety of different flowers.

I know this book is available at Amazon for a great price...it's also probably at many bookstores, Bead Stores and probably ebay. You can also "look inside this book" at Amazon to see if it is what you are looking for!

I have seen many Russian Magazines on ebay lately (if you search for Beadwork Magazine they will come up) and there are several of them that are all about beaded flowers. I have also found that even if you don't speak Russian these magazines are very clear. Their diagrams are excellent and they use a numbering system that you can follow easily in their diagrams. Also, the seller is from Russia but has very good feedback...it will just take a while to get to the states!

Hope this helps a little!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 6:20 PM

Hey,

If you are after making realistic looking flowers (aka. French beaded flowers) using seed beads and wire, Dalene Kelly has some good books that have some fantastic patterns in them! She also sells the patterns individually at the site that Tia Dalmer gave you. 

After using them as just a guide to getting started you can even move on to creating your own patterns.. I've been going to my local florists and getting unusual flowers, pulling them apart, measuring sketching and finding the right technique to use for each section of the flower.

It is a bit time consuming to start off with but once you start and get the hang of it, it gets a bit faster. Also a 'bead spinner' is FANTASTIC and much more time efficient if you have one! (i suggest the motorised one, not the hand spinner - i can't get the knack of that one =P)

Hope this helps!

Emma

Not Ranked
Posts 2
jan roach wrote
on Feb 21, 2015 8:08 PM

Thanks so much for your help .I will look up these books.

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Beadandgone wrote
on Apr 9, 2015 3:23 AM

I just got myself a bead-spinner last year (a motorised one) and haven't looked back since! Great advice.

Happy beading!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS