Kumihimo Splash -- Super Beadwork June/July 2011

This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 8
on Jun 8, 2011 6:25 AM

Hi

I do a lot of kumihimo BUT once I take the braid for the button loop off, how do I reposition both ends without messing up the braiding pattern? Which threads go where? Does it matter? Do I start a plain braid again or try to add beads immediately? Help, please!

Gourmetfoodie

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Jun 12, 2012 5:19 PM

Wish I could help! Just bought a Kumihimo kit at the Bead and Button show(instructions included). I can follow instructions untill it says "reposition". I have no clue what repositioning means. HELP! I have done many bracelets and necklaces in 8 slot Kumihimo but never had to "reposition".

Beadergal

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 75
AlexiaFF wrote
on Jun 13, 2012 8:42 AM

I am a little confused. Are you Kumi with beads? If Kumi with beads you start a braid for x-amount of length then slide your bead in place for the working thread.

There are a lot of tutorials on the web for kumihimo with beads.

Alexia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jun 13, 2012 11:04 PM

Kumi kits should come with a warning label, "This kit can become Addictive". There are alot of info on Kumi From about 2008,  I use my Kumi wheel while waiting at the VA with DH. Its an easy take along past time.

I don';t know what "Reposition" means, I would contact the person who design the pattern. (Just a thought)

I will watch this thread. I always learn something here.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS