Where's Billy?

This post has 20 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jul 31, 2008 7:13 PM

I have not seen any postings from Billy yesterday or today. So Billy...Where are you?

Just curious. Usually you post everyday unless you have crashed and gotten some sleep. Hope all is well.  

wrote
on Aug 1, 2008 12:02 AM

Yes, I noticed that too.  Hope everything is ok, or even better, that you're selling some things and making some extra bread...Wink

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,742
Kokopelli wrote
on Aug 1, 2008 12:06 AM

Hm, I'm the third in the circle who thought about that. I hope you're beading that much that you couldn't post anything. But if you are here again, we want to see your work. Big Smile. Hope you are ok.

Dagmar

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Aug 1, 2008 4:20 AM

Well I am glad that I am not the only one that noticed it. I started to post this the other day but did not want to seem Stalkerish. I told my hubby that there are several of us that post daily. It just seems weird to not see anything. 

I'm glad I am not the only one that noticed...

wrote
on Aug 2, 2008 1:17 AM

Glad to have seen your post Billy!  Of course we notice if you're not here-how could we not miss you?Wink  Given your health issues, if you're not posting, we're probably worrying about you.  If there were any problems, would your wife let us know?  Granted it's probably the last thing on her mind at that point, but we'd hate not to know or be able to help if we could, even if it's just moral support.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Aug 2, 2008 8:22 AM

Thank you all. I do appreciate the thoughts, it makes me feel good for a change. I doubt that my wife would let anyone know on the web. I really doubt that she even knows about these forums unless she just happened by while I was here. She pays me little to no attention whatsoever. As long as I move around now and again, she doesn't bother me. She might shake me if it appears that I have quit breathing, but that's about as far as it goes. Why else do you think that a middle aged man would hang out at beading fora? *laughz* I'm just kidding, I like it here. My baby girl is in charge of letting my e-friends know in case of anything drastic. I'll add these to her list and then there will be no doubt.

I had to do some running for my Mom Thursday, and Friday I had to take her in for a heart cath. She's had 2 different by-pass surgeries, so we like to be safe about these things. Thankfully, the last arteries that were fixed are still holding strong and doing great. The problem was that her potassium levels had dropped to 0, and it was causing her some pain in her chest. She seems to be doing fine now that her levels are coming back into the normal range.

Thanks again, it does feel good that someone cares enough to ask anyway.

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Aug 2, 2008 8:48 AM

Thank you for letting us know although I wasn't trying to be nosy, just concerned. Glad to her that you and your mom are doing good. Hopefully all can get back to normal.

Again, Glad to have you back!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Aug 2, 2008 4:08 PM

Big Smile

wrote
on Aug 3, 2008 2:08 AM

My mom was just recently in hospital too.  She went in complaining of abdominal pain, and they ran a couple tests, took samples, gave painkillers & sent her home.  Then they called Dad and said bring her back, because her sodium levels had dropped to nothing.  Turns out the epilepsy meds she was on were absolutely wrong for her, so they changed them and now she's trying to adjust, but it's not easy.  Still no idea what caused the abdominal pain, but they can't do much else till she is stabilized on the new meds. 

It's a bit hard to understand what's the real deal over here, since Mom's story changes frequently from the meds.  I have to talk to my Dad or sister to find out what's going on.  Hopefully everything will be ok.

Glad everything is ok for you & your Mom, Billy.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,742
Kokopelli wrote
on Aug 3, 2008 11:51 PM

Hi,

fine to read you again! And all the best wishes for your mom.

Dagmar

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Aug 4, 2008 2:48 PM

Thanks again y'all. She is feeling well enough to go to work in the morning(Tuesday) so that's a good thing. Apparantly, your potassium levels can have all kinds of adverse effects on the body. Who knew?

I'm still a bit blahsy blah, but I think that it's the weather more than anything. It's like 92 degrees and raining, so the humidity is 100%. I can barely breathe in here even though I got all 3 a/c's maxed out. Not to mention that the rain makes my bones ache.

Billy ;o)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,742
Kokopelli wrote
on Aug 5, 2008 1:49 AM

Hi Billy!

That's good to hear. My mom is also recovering from a surgery. She can't move her left arm and she can do nothing. When you are handicapped like this you realize how much you depend on all parts of your body working. But I mustn't tell you that.

Maybe you should move to the desert where it is dry. Here the weather is like a rollercoaster. Yesterday it rained like crazy and today the sun is shining and it's hot. Sometimes not easy to stand.

Dagmar

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Aug 5, 2008 6:53 PM

I hope that she is doing well. I know exactly how she feels. I have different levels of semi-paralysis on the right side of my face(it sounds like the wind is constantly blowing in the right ear) and over the left side of my  body below the neck because of these strokes that I had. Thankfully most of it all came back and the remaining symptoms are just enough to annoy the hell out of me, but not hold me back too much. I have a sort of 'prayer list' as it were and every day, I burn a pure white candle for these people. I hope that it gives them an added boost in energy levels so that they can heal quicker. If you don't mind, I'd like to add her to my list.

My car finally died(378K miles on her and she still runs good, she just won't stop) week before last and I have been putting off thte search for another set of wheels, but I had a strong urge to go look this afternoon and I think that I found a nice deal. A 1993 Chevy Silverado, extended cab, step side pickup for $4,000. It has 120k miles on it and it has the V-6 so hopefully it won't eat me up in gas. The dealer just took it on a trade this afternoon and they haven't even cleaned it up yet. They are going to haul my 2 junks to the scrapyard for me tomorrow and take whatever I get from them and $500 for a down payment. I'll make payments until I do my taxes next January then pay it off.

The weather is the same here every day in the summer. Hot and 50% chance of late afternoon-evening thunderstorms. Typical summertime down south. *grinz*

Billy ;o)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,742
Kokopelli wrote
on Aug 6, 2008 2:36 PM

Billy,

thanks for praying! Sometimes it helps when you just know that another one cares for things that matter to you.

Hm, I'm thinking about turning into the wrong direction on my way home. The weather that you described is here! Two or for the longest three days hot humid and then thunderstorms in the afternoon or the evening. I looked at the map and you are much more south than Germany. We were used to have summers with long warm or sometimes hot periods, but without thunderstorms and heavy rain. And now for some years it turned out like that.

Congratulations to your new car! Hope it works a very long time. Smile

Dagmar 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Aug 6, 2008 3:05 PM

Congrats on the truck! Car shopping is one of those things I HATE to do. I hopefully will have my for the next 2 1/2 years at least ( until my son gets out of college ). I have a Mazda Tribute ( SUV that gets 22 MPG ) and I LOVE it. It inly have 127K miles on it and it is a 2002.

Knock on wood, all we have done is brakes, tires and oil changes. Still have not had to do a tune up. Still runs like a top. Again Knock on wood.

Here in Indiana, the humidity is starting to let up and highs in the mid 80s. For August can not complain. Usually we have had a ton of 90 and 100 degree days, this summer a few 90s and I don't think any 100.

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS