July contest - again thank you!

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 65
Kcrystina2 wrote
on Jul 30, 2008 12:40 PM

I just wanted to let you all know that I got the stones in the mail the other day. You can visit my blog for a picture of them & find out that ideas I have for them... am hoping to have something to show off before the end of August ... as I am still recovering from my surgery, which I'm happy to say is going well. I got my stiches out at the beginning of the week & doc said I'm healing very well.

Will keep you up to date on the progress of this contest project :)

Here's the link to the pic http://tina-stephen.com/kcrystina/journey/daily-beading-forum-july-content

Regards,

Kcrystina
---------------------

Mixed Media Designer
www.kcrystina.artfire.com

Follow me on:
Twitter: kcrystina
FriendFeed: tinastephen

wrote
on Jul 31, 2008 12:51 AM

Those should turn into something pretty-love the dalmatian jasper stone!  I'll look forward to seeing what you make.

Glad to know you're mending well, too.Big Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,750
Kokopelli wrote
on Jul 31, 2008 2:31 AM

Hi Tina,

do you plan to make three different pieces with these stones? They are really beautiful. Can you tell me, what the green one is? Is it unakite? I'm looking forward to your projects. And good luck!

Dagmar

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 65
Kcrystina2 wrote
on Jul 31, 2008 5:08 AM

Thanks Jeni, am looking forward to getting my hands "dirty" with them lol

Dagmar, I haven't decided if I'm going to make three different pieces or try to incorporate them into one, or make two pieces out of them. The green/pink one could be unakite, though to tell you the truth I have no idea. I did a bit of searching around but have yet to find out exactly what it is.

Regards,

Kcrystina
---------------------

Mixed Media Designer
www.kcrystina.artfire.com

Follow me on:
Twitter: kcrystina
FriendFeed: tinastephen

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,336
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jul 31, 2008 6:09 AM

I love the stones as well. Tell me are they very small in size?

I believe that you are right that the pink and green is a unakite and the other two I do believe are a poppy jasper and a delmation jasper. But someone please correct me if I am wrong.Wink Believe me I am wrong as many times as I am right for I am just learning the names of many stones.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS