Subscriber Bonus

This post has 30 Replies | 6 Followers rated by 4 users
Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Jul 18, 2011 7:05 PM

For August/September 2011 "free" download, I found that if the Yahoo search engine was used to type in the address w/quickeasy at the end (as my magazine stated) it brought me to older  free downloads and this forum as a few of the many options available. Where as if the web browser was used to go directly to the web address, I found myself right at the "download" page.  Hope this helps, because I too was scratching my head trying to figure out what I had done wrong or if the magazine had a misprint.

Not Ranked
Posts 8
judee wrote
on Jul 22, 2011 2:08 PM

If the link is not working, make sure you are typing it just as it is printed in the URL area of your browser.

Not  in your search engine (Google, Yahoo, etc). 

Judee

Interweave Customer Support

interweaveservice@interweave.com

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 52
sammy jo wrote
on Jul 23, 2011 11:52 AM

It's not easier for subscribers so why do they say we have benefits! I'm sick of the run-around trying to get my moneys worth! This is exhausting and frustrating! It still doesn't work when I type it as written in the address bar!

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Binky wrote
on Aug 28, 2011 1:58 AM

Hello - I'm another member who hasn't been able to download the 'extras' - including missing links for June/July.

Can someone please give me the e-mail address to the person I must contact so that I can access all the goodies. Thanks in advance for your help.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,290
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Aug 28, 2011 9:25 AM

I really don't understand why some people can not download the bonus pages. If you are a subscriber to the Beadwork Magazine. The address is on page 4 of the magazine. I have gotten every bonus, but I also buy the magazine.

Maybe some people think that they are entitled to the bonus designs if they are members to this web site. You must actually subscribe to, and pay for the magazine in order to get the bonus designs.

I am like others on this site, although I have in the past given out the address, I will no longer do this. For those of you that do subscribe, and not get the address, than write or call Beadworks Magazine. If you don't subscribe and want the designs, buy the magazine at the new stand or your local bead store. It seems that this is becoming a habit of some, to get what they feel they should get, for free. Nothing worth having is ever free.

Okay stepping down off my soap box.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Binky wrote
on Sep 1, 2011 10:35 PM

Dear SCB1:

I can't answer for anyone else regarding having a paid subscription, but FYI as a matter of fact I am a multi-year subscriber...just thought you might like to know...to put your mind at ease as it were. You come off sounding snippy, brittle and quite agitated even though you try to 'soften up' your tone by saying you're stepping down off your soap box.

If you were to do a search of these forums, you'll find I have never asked for any URL before, or help with an URL before so you might want to start a new thread and unload on the mysterious 'some' you complain about:

It seems that this is becoming a habit of some, to get what they feel they should get, for free.

So although I can obviously read, the URL it didn't take me to where I wanted to go. Perhaps it was one of the internet gremlins, or a bad gateway but lo and behold - 404 and 502 error messages.

So when I wrote asking for assistance, I found this thread and saw that several others had been having the same or similar problem.

Maybe some people think that they are entitled to the bonus designs if they are members to this web site. You must actually subscribe to, and pay for the magazine in order to get the bonus designs.

Duh. Obviously.

Nothing worth having is ever free.

That's an overly broad generalization. I can think of quite a few.

Oh - and one more thing - I was finally able to download everything I was looking for. Hopefully this will put your mind at ease. You might also want to try decaf.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Beady Cat wrote
on Sep 2, 2011 1:53 PM

Wow, and you sound like a petulant child, Binky!  There are more of us who have no problems whatsoever downloading the bonus pages than those who seem to have problems.  I'm sure that SCB's post was/IS a very valid point, directed at those who do NOT have a subscription.  If you indeed have the subscription, then WHY in God's name would you take offense so rapidly and easily, instead of seeing the basic point?!  I don't have an issue in front of me at present, but I'm sure that there is printed somewhere a list of contacts at Beadwork to whom you could email or CALL to get your pages, instead of flying off the handle so obnoxiously at one of the original members of this forum.  I'm not SCB and I've not met her in person, but I know her through this forum, her work and her advise are widely and very highly regarded, and I took offense to your treatment of her!!  As far as I'm concerned, not taking the liberty to speak for anyone else on the forum, but I'm sure that there are many who would say the same, if SCB is on her soapbox, she most likely has a very good reason to be there.  And when she's there, I for one am listening, and usually nodding my head in agreement - as in this case.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,335
DebWAZ wrote
on Sep 2, 2011 2:02 PM

Tia Dalma:

I know that I personally have posted some of the links for people in the past, but after thinking about it, and seeing what other members have to say about it, I don't think we should be posting these links in a public forum like this.

I was under the assumption that you had to be a subscriber to be able to download from those links...but apparently that is not the case...anyone can download these files from those links, and in my opinion, that is not cool.

We pay for our subscriptions so we are allowed to download the bonus material. The people who buy the Super Beadwork off the rack pay a lot of money for all of that extra material.

By allowing the subscribers to download these extras they do not have to print all of this in every single issue! It helps them save money with publishing expenses, and I am all about helping people save money, especially if it helps keep Beadwork in print!

And this is copyrighted information too. I do not want to be responsible for non subscribers having access to this material. This could potentially put Interweave Press in a compromising position...and then what?

If you are a subscriber I know that the Beadwork Editors and Interweave Press staff will want to help you access these files. They are all very helpful people. But they do not always read every post here. So email them. Let them know you are still having problems finding these extra pages!

There is contact info for the Beadwork Editors and Interweave Press Customer Service all over this website and in these forums, just email them! I know they will help you!

And check your computer settings...maybe your security settings are blocking pop ups or something!

Tia,

Thank you for posting this. What you said makes a lot of sense! Most of us are SO conscious of copyright infringement in other areas, but I guess we never thought of the "subscriber only" connection.

Deb

Deb

azbeaddepot.blogspot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,290
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Sep 2, 2011 10:14 PM

Thank you for your support Beady Cat. I also felt like Blinky was a little over the top with her response to my opinion. And I don't recall pointing any one person out with my thoughts. Hummm , someone must have been a little touchy when my post was read.

Blinky, you are not the only one that has come here and asked for the link, and I have more than once given it freely, I am sorry you felt that you were being pointed out as the person or persons I was referring to. . I wasn't the first to say that they were no longer giving out the link, but I am the one that got blasted for it.  Reading between the lines, is not a good practice, it leads people to jump to a conclusion of their own thinking.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,335
DebWAZ wrote
on Sep 3, 2011 11:08 AM

SCB1:

Thank you for your support Beady Cat. I also felt like Blinky was a little over the top with her response to my opinion. And I don't recall pointing any one person out with my thoughts. Hummm , someone must have been a little touchy when my post was read.

Blinky, you are not the only one that has come here and asked for the link, and I have more than once given it freely, I am sorry you felt that you were being pointed out as the person or persons I was referring to. . I wasn't the first to say that they were no longer giving out the link, but I am the one that got blasted for it.  Reading between the lines, is not a good practice, it leads people to jump to a conclusion of their own thinking.

Wow - Sue, I'm sorry you got blasted for stating the obvious. I certainly didn't see your post as singling anyone out except the non subscribers. I'm sure you were spot on (or very close) when you said that members of the BD forums feel/felt that their membership here means they are subscribers.

Deb

Deb

azbeaddepot.blogspot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,290
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Sep 3, 2011 4:03 PM

Thanks Deb, your support means a lot to me. Us oldies on the forums know what it means to have someones back. Thanks again.

When someone mentioned that they were a "member", it came to mind that maybe they think because they are a member on the forum, they may think that the bonus design comes with being a member here. Who knows now a days what people think.

I never intended for anyone to take my opinion as personal, so thanks again Deb for covering my back.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 781
Tia Dalma wrote
on Sep 3, 2011 5:56 PM

Deb, Sue and Beady Cat,

Thank you all for what you have said here! I also did not see Sue's post as being rude to anyone and I agree that she was unjustly berated for her opinion!

I have only been a member here since Feb of this year but I have noticed the many people who only post here to complain that they can't find the Bonus material. They don't join in on any other conversations or threads here and it would appear that they don't even read the threads that they are posting in. 

How are any of us to know if anyone is really a subscriber and why is it up to any of us to post the links to this Bonus material? It gets really old seeing the same exact complaint every time a new issue comes out!

We have all realized that if we post these links here, that anyone can download the bonus material whether they subscribe or not, and that is stealing. If Interweave Press posts the links here, then that is their decision but it is not up to us to give away this material that we all have to pay for!

Not to mention the fact that if you actually spend the time to read what everyone else has posted in any of the threads about the Bonus material you just might find the answer to your question and you might see why we all get so annoyed by this repetitive search for free material!

I am not trying to be rude and I am not directing this post at anyone in particular (except for Deb, Sue and Beady Cat of course)...but there are many people here who spend a good amount of their personal time helping other people on this forum...and Sue and Deb are both very long time members here and they have both been very giving of their personal time and their knowledge here.

And that is why we are all members here...to help each other, to share our knowledge and our experience with each other!

But if you don't take the time to read what has already been said over and over again then you are simply being disrespectful of everyone else here who does care and who does take the time to read and to share with everyone else!

I for one love this forum and I love everything that this website and magazine has to offer! I just don't think it is fair for anyone to ask us to give away copyrighted information that is not ours to give! So please, if you can't find the link in your magazine (on page 4) or you can't figure out how to type it in to your browser and make it work then just email customer service. Contact info for customer service is all over the magazine and all over this website!

They are the ones in charge of giving away this Bonus material. They are the ones who have your subscription information on file and they are the ones who can help you with that! For everything else about beading, join us in the forums! You might have a lot of fun and you might make some new friends in the process!

This info is on page 7 of the newest issue of Beadwork Magazine:

for questions about your subscription please go to:

beadworkmagazine.com then click on Subscription services for you account info

or email them at beadwork@pcspublink.com

US Customer Service 800 849 8753

Canada and Int'l Customer Service

760 291 1531

Good luck and Happy Beading!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,290
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Sep 3, 2011 7:49 PM

Thanks Tia, Well said.

Thanks for your support. I love this site for the most part and it is because of all my friends here. Have a Great day and hope you Labor Day is safe and enjoyable.

Keep beading.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
hannah@48 wrote
on Sep 9, 2011 4:08 AM

Im also having a problem accessing the bonus downloads, if anyone can help id be very grateful. Thanks Pat

Not Ranked
Posts 3
hannah@48 wrote
on Sep 9, 2011 4:08 AM

Im also having a problem accessing the bonus downloads, if anyone can help id be very grateful. Thanks Pat

Page 2 of 3 (31 items) < Previous  1 2 3  Next > | RSS