Review of Beaded Allure by Kelly Wiese

This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 348
Chibabies6 wrote
on Apr 23, 2011 10:21 AM

This is one of the few books I've seen where I truly love all of the designs except one. Most are spotty with things I love and many I do not.  Having said that, this book will appeal to you if you enjoy lacy delicate feminine pieces.  You will not find a 'variety' of projects.  You will get 25 beautiful designs in one style.  :)

The instructions are well done with photo images of each step.  All materials are listed for each project.  A section in the front goes over stitches commonly used in the book.  All projects are rated for difficulty with 1-3 stars.

I like that there are some new stitches and components to the designs that you could use elsewhere.. a beautiful bracelet that connects 3 peyote bands could highlight any focal piece and a lovely delicate chain stitch from a lariat necklace is very versatile as well. 

This is not a good choice for beginners as the designs are intricate.  Not difficult per se but intricate and a beginner could easily feel overwhelmed. 

So if you are looking for something different than the norm and enjoy a delicate style of jewelry you will be very pleased with this book.  The projects are simply elegant and very 'old hollywood' in style and beauty.

* I'm copying over my beading book reviews from 'book selling' sites.. Smile

Michelle K.

Follow my As They Grow project..  weekly pictures of my 3 chihuahuas from birth to age 1.

http://chibeads.shutterfly.com/

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS