Review of Creative Bead Weaving by Carol Wilcox Wells

This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 348
Chibabies6 wrote
on Apr 23, 2011 10:15 AM

This is really great book on beading and different from most of the books out there. Honestly, I will probably make only one or two of the projects listed as most of them are just not things I would ever want to make. Having said that.. this is the one book you will reference often throughout years. It has clear instructions for all the the stitches plus hard to find instructions for things like increasing and decreasing for all the various stitches and how to transition smoothly from one stitch to another. The pictures and instructions are very clear and easy to understand. It also discuses things like tension, etc and how this can vary depending on what you are making and whether the beadwork should be stiff or supple. Anyone looking for a great beading 'reference' should have this book in their collection.

Whenever I have a project that uses a new stitch this is the book I grab for stitch instructions. Always clear and concise.

* I'm copying over my beading book reviews from 'book selling' sites.. Smile

Michelle K.

Follow my As They Grow project..  weekly pictures of my 3 chihuahuas from birth to age 1.

http://chibeads.shutterfly.com/

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS