Bead Star 2011 Submissions to close Friday, 5pm Eastern time!

This post has 126 Replies | 14 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 13
jbogner2 wrote
on Apr 7, 2011 5:54 PM

Just a heads-up to any stragglers- Bead Star 2011 submissions close at 5pm Eastern time on Friday, April 8. Get those submissions in before the deadline for your chance to win!

Not Ranked
Posts 13
jbogner2 wrote
on Apr 8, 2011 3:36 PM

Submissions are now closed- thanks to all of you super-creative jewelry-makers who've entered this year! I just took a sneak peak at some of the entries, and it's going to be tough for our judges and for the Beading Daily audience to choose between all of these beautiful pieces!

Voting opens April 25th right here on BeadingDaily.com, so get ready to vote!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 76
on Apr 8, 2011 3:36 PM

Dose anyone know? Do we get a notification if one of our entrees is one out of the 40 selected for the category? I can’t recall from 2009 or do we just wait to see if it was selected I am assuming the contest will be up for voteing on April 25th

Thanks

Amanda

" the future belongs to those who belives in the beauty of their dreams"

Eleanor Roosevelt

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Not Ranked
Posts 13
jbogner2 wrote
on Apr 8, 2011 3:41 PM

Thanks Amanda- we don't have the capacity to notify everyone individually on the status of their entry, but we'll send an email out to everyone who entered once voting goes live to remind them to check the voting pages for their piece(s).

Thanks
Jamie

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 76
on Apr 8, 2011 8:38 PM

thanks Jamie I could not remember, can't wait to see all the entrys!!!

Amanda

" the future belongs to those who belives in the beauty of their dreams"

Eleanor Roosevelt

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Not Ranked
Posts 22
on Apr 25, 2011 8:49 AM

Hi Jamie

It's now the 25th of April and I can not seem to find the link for voting and haven't recieved an email yet.

Please give us an update. 

Thanks
Carrie B 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 38
raggydaggydo wrote
on Apr 25, 2011 8:52 AM

YES - PLEASE!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Apr 25, 2011 9:00 AM

There is a link in the galleries section all the way down and on the right that says bead star 2011.  I believe these are the finalists.  I have a couple of pieces on there that I submitted.

http://www.beadingdaily.com/media/18/default.aspx

I have not been able to click on anything though

Not Ranked
Posts 22
on Apr 25, 2011 9:14 AM

Hi Jenny

Thank You!!! For the link

I just checked, and can't click on anything either

Carrie

Not Ranked
Posts 1
I Photo Vid wrote
on Apr 25, 2011 9:28 AM

Hello

How can I vote when I can not click on anything??

And yet some items already have views??

Jim

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Apr 25, 2011 9:40 AM

Voting has not gone live yet, what you are seeing are just the photos of possible finalists. I wouldn't count on anything in these as official yet.

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Not Ranked
Posts 13
jbogner2 wrote
on Apr 25, 2011 10:22 AM

Sorry folks- our eMedia team is putting the finishing touches on the galleries right now, and they're going to go live at 5pm Eastern, 3pm Mountain. There will be a landing page for Bead Star 2011 under the "Contests" menu, and the galleries will be accessible through the Galleries menu as well.

Thanks

Jamie

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Apr 25, 2011 10:46 AM

Where does it say that therea re only 40 selected for a category?  I have not seen that. 

What I saw was this statement

From April 25–May 17, 2011, members of Beading Daily (Interweave's free community for bead lovers, 250,000 strong and growing) will be given an opportunity to vote for their favorites, and the 4 entries in each category that receive the most votes will be named as first place, second place, third place, and honorable mention. (To join the Beading Daily community, go tohttp://www.beadingdaily.com.)

I guess I would like to get clarification from Beading Daily as none of my entries have been posted to be voted on and I know they received them as I received a confirmation email for each one of the entries I submitted.

Thanks,

Karen

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Erin S wrote
on Apr 25, 2011 3:03 PM

Hi Karen,

All of the entries won't be posted online for everyone to vote for. The judges go through all the entries they receive and narrow it down to their picks for finalists in each category. In the past, there have been 20 finalists per category. This year they said they were doing 40 finalists, but looking through the galleries, it looks like 20 again. Although nothing is official for voting yet, so that number may change.

Erin S

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Apr 25, 2011 3:09 PM

thanks for the information, but where does that say that they are going to pick their favorites for be voted on.  I was under the understanding that the voting would be done by the members of Beading Daily.

Karen

Page 1 of 9 (127 items) 1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS