New Bracelet with Tila Beads

This post has 25 Replies | 3 Followers rated by 3 users
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
abney_m wrote
on Mar 21, 2011 9:01 AM

I've been spending more time playing around with the Tila Beads. I didn't think I was going to like them at first, but they've become really addictive! I've ordered three more bags to play around with! I call this bracelet Tila Flor (Flor is Spanish for flower).

It's another component style bracelet and I've included in the tutorial directions for making a ring as well.

If you'd like to see more pictures they're here.  Anyone else hooked on the Tila's?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 91
Sandra242 wrote
on Mar 21, 2011 9:06 AM

Very pretty!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 153
Cheryl Bush wrote
on Mar 21, 2011 10:16 AM

I really like this bracelet. The details, color are wonderful.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,904
SEllen 2 wrote
on Mar 21, 2011 10:37 AM

I love this pattern.

I haven't yet used the Tila's but I've been thinking about giving them a try. But my usual supplier doesn't carry them, that I've found. And the one place I did find them only had one color.

Would you mind sharing your source for the Tila's?

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 540
debbiela wrote
on Mar 21, 2011 10:46 AM

Beautiful bracelet Marcie !   

I just started playing with tila's this morning and I'm hooked !  lol !  They make a lovely piece of jewelry I think.  And they're easier to work with than I thought they would be. 

sellen, I got some of mine from this seller on Ebay.  They shipped super fast too.    http://cgi.ebay.com/10g-Miyuki-Tila-Metallic-Khaki-Iris-2-hole-Glass-Beads-/360350336673?pt=Craft_Beads&hash=item53e68dc6a1 

And also from Artbeads.  Artbeads didn't have the colors though that the Ebay seller has.  A friend of mine ordered some from an Etsy shop as well.  Just type in tila beads in the search box.   

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 531
on Mar 21, 2011 11:15 AM

Beautiful Piece! What a Great design and I love the color scheme.

Great Work! Big Smile

Angela

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 583
Karenra wrote
on Mar 21, 2011 11:43 AM

Gorgeous Bracelet, and a wonderful design!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 780
Tia Dalma wrote
on Mar 21, 2011 1:29 PM

SEllen2, I have used that ebay seller that debbiela mentioned and I also agree that she does provide great service and fast shipping...I would definitely recommend as a trusted ebay seller.

www.Delibeads.com also has Tilas and she offers excellent service and fast shipping along with a great selection of Miyuki products and good prices on Delicas in general.

www.fusionbeads.com has them as well but I'm not sure about their prices...I know they tend to run higher per gram for Delicas but they do have free shipping and a good selection. 

I haven't actually priced out the Tilas anywhere yet so I don't know who will have better prices but service and shipping are great with all 3 of these sellers.

I love your Tila Flor bracelet...and the name is great too! Thank you for posting your work to inspire us to branch out and try some new bead shapes!

I have been experimenting with small cubes and Miyuki's sharp triangles lately and I really like the different shapes and textures with these beads so I will have to try out the Tila beads soon too.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
abney_m wrote
on Mar 21, 2011 1:36 PM

Yes, these Tila beads actually came from Artbeads, but I agree, you just have to do a little internet searching to find more colors and finishes.

Thanks for your comments!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 668
beadorigami wrote
on Mar 22, 2011 12:39 AM

Love the design Marcie - I still need to work up the guts to get serious about Tila beads. Your work is fab though Smile

Cindy ~ Bead Origami

Website ~ Blog ~ Facebook ~ Etsy

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
abney_m wrote
on Mar 23, 2011 8:15 PM

Thanks Cindy!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 73
on Mar 23, 2011 8:36 PM

oooo pretty!!!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 348
Chibabies6 wrote
on Mar 25, 2011 12:50 PM

Just beautiful..love your design here!

Michelle K.

Follow my As They Grow project..  weekly pictures of my 3 chihuahuas from birth to age 1.

http://chibeads.shutterfly.com/

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Oct 27, 2011 8:38 AM

I am a beginner beader from Puerto Rico and i was very impressed with your beautiful bracelet. Here is dificult to find Tila beads and very expensive.I am trying to learn to use them,please send me some places to buy the patterns if you have them available. Keep up the good work. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 73
on Oct 27, 2011 11:15 AM

beautiful!

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS