submissions for magazines

This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Jun 27, 2008 1:14 PM
Now that we've had a taste of the "Bead Star" competition, I'm wondering if anyone knows how to submit projects for consideration into some of the other "special edition" magazines that come out occasionally. I've seen one for "jewelry for the holidays," one for "under $25," one for "creative jewelry" and so on. I know the regular subscription magazines have their submission guidelines published on the web, but I've never heard about any call for entries into these specialty magazines. Does anyone know anything about it? thanks, Erin

www.studioEgallery.etsy.com

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 244
Nemeton wrote
on Jul 9, 2008 9:23 AM

I would guess (never having been in any of these special issues) that you submit to the 'main' subscription magazine from which the special issue derives. Or maybe they put out calls for submissions...or perhaps all the projects are commissionned specially... can any of the Interweave folks enlighten us here? How do you fill your special issues?

Lynn

My website: http://lynndavybeadwork.co.uk/

Not Ranked
Posts 5
ForumModerator
on Jul 9, 2008 10:31 AM

Hi Erin!

We've just finished Creative Jewelry which is on newsstands now. This is a special issue publication that comes out once a year. We solicited projects for the magazine from artists we know and also received inquiries from new artists that were familiar with the magazine. In addition, we selected contributors to Step by Step Beads that had pieces we felt would be better suited for Creative Jewelry. If you have something you would like us to consider, please send a jpeg to sbsbeads@interweave.com and we'll be happy to take a look!

Cheers,

Jane Dickerson

Editor, Creative Jewelry

Managing Editor, Step by Step Beads

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS