Braiding strings of beads...Help!

This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
kmiko wrote
on Mar 12, 2011 7:59 AM

I am looking for suggestions. I am makeing a bracelet by braiding strings of beads. I am all good till the end needs finished. Can anyone help? Suggestions please.

Kerrrie

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 68
Ceffyl1 wrote
on Mar 12, 2011 8:46 AM

What trouble are you having with finishing the ends?

I have done a bracelet like this, and I finished by tying the three ends into one knot and slid a large hole bead over it. Mine was seed beads, so I used an E bead as the large bead to hide the knot,then I threaded  the three ends through a clasp and returned through the bigger bead and then finished the threads in the bracelet. When I made mine, the clasp attachment end tucked neatly into the large bead, which was tidy, but didn't leave much room for fingers when you are trying to do it up. I was concerned about the thread ends, but  I found the threads have lasted quite well anyway.

So If I were to do it again, here is what I would change; to have more room to do the clasp up, I would probably use one or two smaller beads after the big one making sure the holes are big enough for three ends to go through twice, or  I thought I might use french boullion wire, as it looks a bit nicer, but there can be dificulty in fitting three threads through it if it is too fine, or the other alternative would have been a different style of clasp. I used a lobster, but a toggle might have been a better choice. 

Hope this helps.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 71
sixbeader wrote
on Sep 18, 2011 12:49 PM

Would bead cones work?

Rachel

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,296
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Sep 18, 2011 6:43 PM

yes, I used ones similar to the one in the link.

http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/beadsouk/2734869/3_to_1_reducer_sterling_silver_ornate_bali_bead_cone_14mm_set_of_one/supplies/jewelry_supplies/findings/other_

I hope this helps.

Happy Beading.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 643
untmom2003 wrote
on Sep 23, 2011 9:22 AM

are you using beading wire or thread? I've used beading wire, then on each end put a crimp tube inside these double loop bead tips. Then put a jump ring through all three bead tips and attached to lobster clasp or magnetic clasp. I LOVE these bead tips. Just have to be sure they are sized for the correct sized crimp tube.

http://www.firemountaingems.com/details.asp?pn=H206672FD

Be sure to post pics of your finished project!! Can't wait to see it!

Not Ranked
Posts 17
eliz1967 wrote
on Oct 31, 2011 1:56 PM

Hello,

I may be able to help but I need a bit more information.  Are the beads all braided onto one braid or are you braiding three separate strands of beads together?  Also, what cord are you using?

Sandra

Sandra Younger

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS