where to buy beads?

This post has 20 Replies | 9 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 32
luciesmom wrote
on Mar 2, 2011 5:05 PM

Where is the best place and best price to buy seed beads and delica beads?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 59
ninacolors wrote
on Mar 2, 2011 9:16 PM

Local bead shops are usually more expensive than online.  It's hard to compare the online prices, since the stores all use different methods.  But if you know exactly what you want, you CAN compare.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
BeadBarn wrote
on Mar 4, 2011 7:59 AM

Hello again... Check out Bellomodo.com for your seed beads... good prices and 28grm tubes for most seeds...

Forgot to add... sign up for their e-mail... they have weekly specials and Sunday only specials... saves you money...

BeadBarn – Lynn

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,329
DebWAZ wrote
on Mar 4, 2011 6:24 PM

ninacolors:

Local bead shops are usually more expensive than online.  It's hard to compare the online prices, since the stores all use different methods.  But if you know exactly what you want, you CAN compare.

LBS are often more expensive, but not always. I had a former employee of one of the big online retailers tell me we had Delica colors that her former employer didn't carry and our prices beat theirs. Then, she told me about an LBS that had plain red silver lined Delicas for $13 for 5 grams! She said she didn't even stop to look at the prices of the other colors!

While we don't do e-tail, we do mail orders, if you are looking for a particular color of 11/0 Delica or Czech seed beads. All we need is the color number and the name if possible. Some stores use their own numbers for beads, rather than the manufacturer's number and that makes it frustrating for beader and LBS alike.

Hope this helps!

Deb

Deb

Apache Junction, AZ

www.azbeaddepot.com

azbeaddepot.blogspot.com

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 59
ninacolors wrote
on Mar 6, 2011 8:20 AM

YEESH!!  Even having a password doesn't stop the advertising:-(

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 153
Cheryl Bush wrote
on Mar 8, 2011 8:40 AM

You can get great buys at bead shows. I usually go with a list of what I need and get them there. Bead shops are going to be expensive place to buy. But if your doing a project that you just can't wait to start that may be your only place.

'

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 531
on Mar 8, 2011 12:23 PM

The best place to purchase seed beads and/or delicas, would be www.fusionbeads.com...

They carry 10 gram seed bead packages for like 3-5 bucks,and Fire mountain gems is pretty good, if your looking to buy bulk.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,329
DebWAZ wrote
on Mar 8, 2011 6:18 PM

Cheryl Bush:

You can get great buys at bead shows. I usually go with a list of what I need and get them there. Bead shops are going to be expensive place to buy. But if your doing a project that you just can't wait to start that may be your only place.

'

LBS are not always going to be excessively more expensive. The prices on my Delicas are only slightly more than those at Fusion. An advantage of shopping at LBS like mine, instead of online, is that you can actually match the colors for your project. This is a good thing when your pattern doesn't give Delica numbers - colors on a computer monitor or in a catalog don't always translate well to real life. Another advantage is that you don't have to wait for your beads to be shipped.

You do need to do your homework and not just look at the price - calculate the price per gram to be sure you're getting a good price. Fusion beads price is for a 5 gram package. Some LBS sell 7.5 grams and others like mine sell 10 grams.

Deb

Deb

Apache Junction, AZ

www.azbeaddepot.com

azbeaddepot.blogspot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,218
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Mar 10, 2011 5:06 PM

I agree with you Deb, I once needed some Delicas in a certain color ( which I had the number for) I checked all my local (within a 50 mile radius) without finding them. So I ordered from Fusion beads, seeing they only seller in the 5 gram package or kilo I ended up ordering 6 - 5 gram packages. I ended up spending more than when I got them from my LBS in 10 gram tubes, but they were out and I needed to finish the project which was a commission piece. So I say buy online only when all else fails.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
ewwaller wrote
on Mar 27, 2011 11:28 AM

Unfortunately, some of us live in "backwards" areas where LBSs don't exist! So, I am forced to buy all my beads and supplies online. Just this weekend, a bead and jewelry show was held in Mobile so I jumped at the chance. Who knows when that will ever happen again!? Anyway, I've had good luck with Fire Mountain and with Auntie's beads. Most of the projects in BeadWork will include a list at the end of the article about where to find the resources, too. Anyway, persistence and a good search engine usually pay off.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
elsaol wrote
on Mar 31, 2014 2:13 PM

I buy on the beadseshop.com

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 209
on Apr 1, 2014 12:43 PM

I don't know what I would do without a LBS. (Probably have a lot more money.) Smile But I am an impulse buyer and stock up on whatever I think looks nice at the time. I know a lot buy from Fire Mountain Gems, and Shipwreck has a huge selection also (in terms of online buying).

marutibeads.com - some really cool beads..

Not Ranked
Posts 4
elsaol wrote
on Apr 12, 2014 6:40 AM

I recommend you shop online in www.beadseshop.com wide choice  

Not Ranked
Posts 12
on Apr 18, 2014 4:53 PM

So I take it you no longer sell beads?    Cant get website to work??

www.azbeaddepot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,218
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Apr 18, 2014 5:38 PM

She closed her shop about a year ago. Sorry you missed it.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS