Seed Beads

This post has 18 Replies | 7 Followers
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 137
Essa Jewelry wrote
on Feb 5, 2011 9:43 AM

I have a ton of seed beads in a variety of colors.  If anyone is interested please let me know!

I also have gold colored beads about 2 mm and 4mm I am trying to get rid of.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 37
LeeBG wrote
on Feb 5, 2011 4:09 PM

always looking for 15s - let me know what you have

Thanks!

Not Ranked
Posts 23
kch1983 wrote
on Feb 5, 2011 5:34 PM

Hi,

I'm looking for seed beads in all sizes.  What are you interested in

Karen

Karen

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 137
Essa Jewelry wrote
on Feb 7, 2011 2:43 PM

Hi I am not sure what size they are as someone gave them to me if you can help me figure it out I will let you know!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 137
Essa Jewelry wrote
on Feb 7, 2011 2:46 PM

I am not looking for anything in particular maybe old magazines or maybe other types of beads ie larger or gem or ceramic beads.

Not Ranked
Posts 23
kch1983 wrote
on Feb 7, 2011 5:43 PM

Maybe a photo of the seed beads would be helpful.  I have some magazines and even a book or two - I liked them so much the first time I bought them again!!!!

Karen

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 137
Essa Jewelry wrote
on Feb 8, 2011 1:54 PM

Here are some of the seed beads that I have just let me know what ones you are intrested in!!!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 137
Essa Jewelry wrote
on Feb 19, 2011 10:45 AM

Just wanted to follow up with you.  Are you intrested in any of the beads that I posted pictures of?

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 298
Xoko wrote
on Mar 11, 2011 4:24 PM

It looks like you've probably got some czech 11/0, 8/0, and 6/0s, and some other larger beads in the mixes. I am not really interested with them,  but you might find someone who is if you persevere. 

Cheers!

Cool

Sean

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 554
CryssT wrote
on Mar 14, 2011 4:42 PM

or donate them to a senior center, boys & girls club - - i have more too many seed beeds as it is Crying

honestly, right now my rule is project out before more beads in /sigh

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,834
KipperCat wrote
on Mar 23, 2011 7:18 PM

Cryss, if I ever finish organizing my beads, I might put a pic on FaceBook and title it "why I need to sell my jewelry"

Not Ranked
Posts 2
littlepeeps wrote
on Apr 1, 2011 11:42 AM

I would go for the younger generation groups.  Tiny seed beads and older folks with bad eyesight might be very frustrating!  :)

Not Ranked
Posts 4
TwoSpoons wrote
on Jun 21, 2011 5:38 PM

Are those the only ones you have? I'm pretty sure I have seed beads in most of those colours. The light and dark amber might interest me, but I live in Canada, so if there aren't all that many and the shipping cost is too high, it might not be worth it.

How are they organised?

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 212
Trishie33 wrote
on Jun 21, 2011 8:16 PM

You could donate them to the Denver Women's Craft Refugee Initiative.  It's a non-profit organization that helps refugee women earn a little money for themselves. 75% of the money they earn goes to the crafters and the 25% that is left goes to purchase supplies.  You can donate money and they really appreciate any supplies you can donate.   Here's more info:

A Little Something - The Denver Refugee Women's Craft Initiative

Their Facebook page:

A Little Something - The Denver Refugee Women's Craft Initiative Facebook Page

I plan on sending them a big box of stuff after I reorganize my supply closet.  I think it's a worthwhile cause.

Lock up your supplies! No bead is safe from my needles! Stick out tongue

Shop

Blog

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 786
Tia Dalma wrote
on Jun 22, 2011 1:02 AM

I know this is an old thread...the original post was from February...However, Budgiemommy brings up a great point! The Denver Refugee Women's Craft Initiative is an excellent resource for these women. I donate supplies to them at least once a year when I clean out my stash.

I actually just sent them a box packed full of beads last week. And not stuff I got "stuck" with, I try to make sure I am really helping by sending nice quality, usable beads and findings...it's just stuff I haven't used for whatever reason!

So, anyone who may be looking for places to donate extra supplies or stuff you just don't use anymore, should really look into this group. They have truly helped these women get back on their feet after horrendous things have happened in their lives. And these women are learning a self supporting art form and building a community in which they can thrive.

I am sure there are many shelters and other groups in need that may be local to each of us that could always use stuff like this too...but just in case in anyone is looking for a place to donate their supples or money, the Denver Refugee Women's Craft Initiative is definitely a worthy cause! Check out the links in budgiemommy's post!

Thanks budgiemommy for suggesting this...I totally agree and just wanted to second your motion!

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS