Missing peanut project in Feb/March issue

This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 146
on Feb 1, 2011 10:28 AM

On the cover of the February/March issue you indicate that a project using peanut seed beads is inside, but I can't find it.  Which page/project is it?  This question is probably for the editors unless someone on the forum found it.

Philonese

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,261
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Feb 1, 2011 2:32 PM

Pilonese,

I don't find anthing with peanut beads either; They mush have hid it, if it is there. It's not in the Super Beadwork or the beadwork that I can find. I also would like to see some designs worked up with this new bead. I bought some a few weeks ago, without any idea of what to do with them.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on Feb 1, 2011 8:18 PM

It's Glorianne Ljubich's  North Star necklace, page 40.  I remember reading the materials list and being surprised there were peanut beads in the necklace.  I can only see them now if I really look for them.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on Feb 1, 2011 8:35 PM

Here are some stitch samples made with these beads.

http://cs.beadandbutton.com/bnbcs/blogs/maggiesmusings/2010/10/18/90985.aspx#91618

http://cs.beadandbutton.com/bnbcs/blogs/maggiesmusings/2010/11/11/1beading-with-peanuts-and-butterflies-yes-please.aspx

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,261
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Feb 2, 2011 12:12 PM

Thanks Cat,

You solved the mystery. It really is hard to see the peanuts in the project from the picture.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 146
on Feb 10, 2011 9:59 AM

Thanks I see it now.  The problem is if I use an unusal bead I want it to show.  In that pattern you can't even tell it's a peanut.

Here is a spiral necklace I made with the peanuts.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,261
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Feb 10, 2011 12:27 PM

Philonese, Thanks for the visual, it helped alot to see why it is so hard to detect the peanuts in the designs. I looked at your picture before I read what you wrote, and to be honest, I didn't realize that the white beads where peanuts till after I read what you wrote and went back and looked again.. Thanks

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on Feb 10, 2011 2:23 PM

This is lovely!  I didn't notice the peanuts at first, but I love the way they edge the faceted beads.  Are the turquoise beads fire-polished picasso?  I love the color combo.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Feb 10, 2011 8:26 PM

I like that-great use of the peanut beads.  I love those picasso colors as well.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS