Udate on Babydog: Checked out January 25th,2011

This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jan 27, 2011 6:03 PM

A Special Thanks to all the Prayers and Good Thoughts for our "Babydog". The Little Toy Maltese we rescued 9 yrs ago.

On Jan 25th, We left her at our Vet in AZ(Wonderful Lady), Who had planned to Amputate the Right (Broken)Front Leg. That was Broken in August. It never healed, despite the Thousands of Dollars and Best Ortho Vet Care in New Mexico.

A higher Power, God, or Babydog, Spoke the Last word. She made one painful sound, before the Vet could draw blood, and she was gone.

She was Healthy, Active as a Puppy , so conclusion, she had A. a Blood Clog, b. a Heart Attack.

We only had two choices, 1.Aputate.2. Put her to sleep.

We will Always be Grateful, She made the decision, before the Surgery. The last five months are precious memories for us.

Thanks, again.

ps. Thus the reason for the avatar change.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Jan 27, 2011 6:22 PM

Oh Mary, I am so sorry to hear of your loss :(

I am sure that those 9 years that Babydog lived with and was loved by you and your family were the best of her life.

<hugs>

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jan 27, 2011 6:36 PM

Big Thanks, Babydog,Each day it getting easier. We will miss her always.

She had joint pain from the abuse the first 6months of her life. Before we rescued her, so she was having difficulty walking when the temp got down to 20 degrees. With Age, It would only get worse.

So, our comfort is, "her Passing away was a Blessing in Disguise". For we could never have put her down, no matter what.

DH, said it best," She did, for us what we couldn't do".(that was put her down)It was a shock, she went before the aputation.

Thanks, for your Kindness, Always. Mary

Gyspy Mary

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jan 27, 2011 8:44 PM

Mary, I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm glad she's not in pain any more.  We will very likely have to say goodbye to our furbaby of 12 years this year as well but for now he still seems to be hanging in there. It'll be really tough when it happens.

Hugs to you both.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 411
Memoosim wrote
on Jan 27, 2011 9:07 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss Mary,  I know how much you loved her.

Cherie

Dance.  Even if you're the only one who hears the music. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,964
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jan 28, 2011 9:40 AM

Mary

So sorry to hear about Babydog. My heart goes out to you & your DH.

I lost mine about 13 years ago and I still miss him. But I remember him often and all his shananigans (sp?) too.

Babydog was blessed for 9 years to know what it was to be safe, and truly loved and cared for. As long as you remeber her and still love her she is really never gone from you.

Hugs to you & Your DH

p.s. give your other fur baby lots of TLC he's gonna be missing her too.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,750
Kokopelli wrote
on Jan 28, 2011 12:36 PM

I'm so sorry, Mary. It's never easy to loose a fur friend. But you gave her a good life the last 9 years.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on Jan 28, 2011 3:33 PM

So sorry for your loss.

MelindaB ~ Juneau, Alaska USA

When you dream ... what are you wearing?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about Learning to Dance in the rain!

Authors UNKNOWNEmbarrassed

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Leanne@28 wrote
on Jan 30, 2011 11:04 PM

Oh Mary,

I am so sorry for the tragic loss of your little Babydog.  I lost my little girl Chloe ( a longhaired chihuahua ) to cancer in January of last year.  We had to have the vet come to our house to end her suffering, her little lungs were full of tumours. 

I know how you must be feeling, we still miss her every day and wish she was here with us. 

I dont know if you have heard of this poem, but it is called Rainbow Bridge by Author Unknown.  I still cry every time I read it, but it helps.

Many hugs to you xxoo

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Leanne

aka the Magpie and collector of bright, shiny things Star

Silver Bloom Jewellery

My Etsy

My Facebook

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
BeadBarn wrote
on Jan 31, 2011 12:16 AM

Oh Mary, so sorry... I truly know how you feel... but after everything she went thru, she found luv, and it was that luv that she took with her when she made the decision to let go from her pain... Will be keeping all 3 of you in my prayers.

Lynn

BeadBarn – Lynn

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,711
cbreul wrote
on Feb 1, 2011 11:19 AM

I am so sorry Mary. It is always hard to lose a furbaby. You all are in my heart.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,335
DebWAZ wrote
on Feb 3, 2011 6:56 PM

Mary,

I'm just reading this. Tears on the keyboard for your loss - I know too well how you feel. We lost my Fred a few weeks ago. Fred was my velcro-dog/shop dog - he stuck to me like glue. It's been rough trying to adjust.

{{{{{Mary}}}}}

Deb

Deb

azbeaddepot.blogspot.com

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 250
Claudette48 wrote
on Feb 4, 2011 1:23 PM

Hugs for Mary, Deb and for anyone that has ever lost someone (yes, someone) they loved.  But they will never be gone.  They always remain in our hearts.

I do animal rescue and sometimes the abused, especially older ones need time to be loved and get happy again.  Sometimes, you know they will never trust someone again and/or I'm so attached I have to keep them.  Because they're older . . . it's always harsh.  But then I try to remember there are still so many more out there that need help.

Yes, I do 60 to 80 shows a year and travel with at least one, sometimes as many as four right now.  It has been more, it has been less.

HUGGIES ti everyone!

Claudette

amagnetaday.com

Claudette

Tip: To stop metal findings from tarnishing store in a ZIP Lock bag with a chunk of chalk.

amagnetaday

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Feb 4, 2011 3:17 PM

A Friend, who Watches the doggies for us, Gave me a copy of this, when we stop to pick up Zorita.

We picked up Babydog's Ashes on Tues, and Dr.Nancy Leverenz, Vet at All Creatures Animal Clinic, :Benson,AZ

was kind enoug to Make us a Paw Print with her Name and the Date she left us.

Your My Onlines Freinds/Family and your kind Thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mary

Gyspy Mary

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,335
DebWAZ wrote
on Feb 4, 2011 3:20 PM

Claudette48:

Hugs for Mary, Deb and for anyone that has ever lost someone (yes, someone) they loved.  But they will never be gone.  They always remain in our hearts.

I do animal rescue and sometimes the abused, especially older ones need time to be loved and get happy again.  Sometimes, you know they will never trust someone again and/or I'm so attached I have to keep them.  Because they're older . . . it's always harsh.  But then I try to remember there are still so many more out there that need help.

Yes, I do 60 to 80 shows a year and travel with at least one, sometimes as many as four right now.  It has been more, it has been less.

HUGGIES ti everyone!

Claudette

amagnetaday.com

Claudette,

We did dachshund rescue for many years. My DH did rescue for over 20 years and then together, he and I did rescue for another 5. We rescued our last 2 (keepers) a year ago. If you go to the store's FB page (AZ Bead Depot) and look at the album BSDC (Bead Store Dog Club) there are photos of our dogs and those that belong to customers.

I know that some stores have "shop dogs" (or "shop cats"), but I wonder how many welcome their customers' furbabies?We always welcome furbabies in the store. I try to keep doggie cookies on hand for visitors and we have water on hand if it's a warm day. In fact, if a customer leaves a furkid in the car, they will get scolded!

We joke that dogs are welcome, but children must be on a leash!

Deb

Deb

azbeaddepot.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS