Time zone????

This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,215
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jun 16, 2008 11:48 AM

Hi

I was just wondering what time zone this site is hook into?Hmm  I live in EST and the time is way ahead of my time. Confused It is 2:47pm EST as I type. Lets see what time it says it is LOLSurprise

Sue

Just a courious mindStick out tongue

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Temperance,Michigan

Not Ranked
Posts 16
JStimel wrote
on Jun 16, 2008 12:38 PM

The time is Moutain Standard Time. They are 2 hours behind Eastern Standard.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,215
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jun 16, 2008 12:48 PM

If it were MST it would be 12:47pm when it was 2:47pm in EST. The time is from somewhere east of the east coast.  Maybe England!!!Huh?  Mountain Standard time is west of Eastern Standard Time. Hance the two hour delay in time.

Sue

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Temperance,Michigan

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jun 16, 2008 4:56 PM

If you typed it at 2:47 and it posted 1:48 then there is only one hour difference which would make it Central Time Zone. Where I live in Indiana use to never change their clocks, everyone else around us did. In the summer the New York channels on my satelite would be 9:00 pm shows that came on at 8:00 pm at my house in Indiana.

Hope that helps...I know that mine was off when I started. Did we have to choose a time zone when you registered with this web site. I was thinking I had to change mine...Oh well!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,215
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jun 16, 2008 7:05 PM

No, It is saying that the post was done at 6:48pm when in fact it was only 2:48 EST. That is still four hours ahead of the current time not after the current time. If it were central time at 2:48pm in Michigan (EST) it would only be 1:48pm in Mississippi Central time zone. The sun rises in the east so as you go west the hour is earlier in the day. Am I not getting it or what? Is it I that is confused?Confused

Sue

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Temperance,Michigan

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jun 17, 2008 3:17 AM

Okay Sue this is weird. On my computer by the original posting it is showing 1:48 pm not 6:48pm. I would make sure that the time zone on the options of your bio page is correct. There are many time zone options. To double check go to home for the Beading Daily website ( top left tab ) then go up to edit on Beading Daily website ( top right corner ) and click edit. This will pull up your settings. On the second tab Site options I believe about half way down there is a time zone. Make sure the correct one is marked. That would be my only thought at this time.

Good luck and let us know!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,215
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jun 17, 2008 6:03 AM

Thank you so much. That was a little thing but just driving me crazy.Confused It was set for greenwich time London England. 

I guess when I signed up I never even paid attention to the time zone thing. I would still be going crazy if you hadn't expalined it to me. A BIG THANKS.Big Smile

I am hummbled once again.Embarrassed

Sue

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Temperance,Michigan

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jun 17, 2008 6:14 AM

Not a problem. I did the same thing and couldn't figure out why my times were off. Glad you got it fixed. 

Have a good day!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 27
crafty-cat wrote
on Aug 3, 2008 3:28 AM

I'm in NZ, and we're GMT +12, so I'm talking to you from the future!!! (Currently 10.30pm Sun 3 Aug here!!)

wrote
on Aug 4, 2008 7:13 AM

LolBig Smile

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS