Dear Folks, sorry I haven't written lately....

This post has 47 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Mar 10, 2011 9:41 PM

Good to hear everything went well!  I really hope this works out better for you Pam.  Great news on the sales, and hopefully some of the contacts at the hospital will be a help as well.  Perhaps when you can get around a bit better they'd let you bring some things up to sell there? I imagine both staff and patients/family members might be interested.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on Mar 13, 2011 8:20 PM

So glad that you're home, and that the surgery went well.  Prayers and psychic hugs to continue for both of you.

(((Pam)))   (((Billy)))

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,711
cbreul wrote
on Mar 14, 2011 11:18 AM

Yeah! Great news!

Sending love.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Mar 18, 2011 11:01 AM

Thanks everybody :) 

I'm here 11 days post op...finally getting out of bed for more than the most absolutely necessary.  I'm actually making a loaf of bread and wow gratitude isn't a good enough word for it.  Billy's treating me like a goddess as usual so I want to do something really nice for him.

I'm not there yet...still tons of pain and lots of therapy to do, I have a great therapist this time which makes it much easier, and I finally know why I couldn't do it last time...the prosthesis Dr. S put in last time was so poorly aligned that it was impossible to get full extension even under complete anesthesia and a spinal and femoral nerve block...Dr. R tried and couldn't.  Now there's good hope I'll be walking again at some point even though I'm told not to expect anything to ever be pain free.  Fine...I just want to get around better, then I'll work on my own pain, after Billy's is improved to the point where he can move without so much overwhelming back pain. 

We both love you all and thank you again for the great and loving support...

(((((((HUGS)))))))

Pam

ps:  I'm not really back here much, still.  We aren't trying to avoid anyone, the best way to get either of us, Billy or me, is to call us...

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Mar 18, 2011 3:39 PM

Glad to hear that things are looking up! It seems wrong to be thankful the prosthesis was that poorly aligned but it gives much more hope that this surgery will be a sucess. I will continue to send thoughts and prayers for you & Billy! Keep us posted when you can.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Mar 18, 2011 6:13 PM

So glad to hear you're doing ok!  I keep thinking good thoughts for both of you...

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,711
cbreul wrote
on Mar 21, 2011 6:43 AM

Great news Pam!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,950
SEllen 2 wrote
on Mar 21, 2011 10:32 AM

Glad to hear things are looking better.

You're both in my thought and prayers.

Hugs to you both

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Lody wrote
on Mar 21, 2011 5:43 PM

I was just thinking about your surgery Pam! Glad to hear you're doing ok. Will continue to send good thoughts and prayers for you & Billy.:)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Apr 27, 2011 3:31 PM

Hi all! It's me again!

Sorry for not being around much, but with Pam's leg and my back, I haven't been very active lately. This is the first time that I have been on the net in like 3 weeks.

On a good note, she is down to using one crutch like a cane of sorts. She still has a lot of pain, but you would not believe how tough she is. Me, on the other hand isn't doing so well. I've been having serious problems with my back and associated body parts. Most of my recent time has been spent in bed or in a "director's" chair in the living room. It sucks greatly, but we must carry on, ya know.

I just wanted to check in and let everyone know that I AM still breathing and Pam is getting somewhat better, slowly but surely.

Love you all muchly.

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,256
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Apr 27, 2011 5:53 PM

Billy and Pam,

It is so good to hear from SC again. Sorry to hear that you have been out of sorts with your back. Am glad to hear that Pam is starting to get better.

Hope that the weather is a might better for you guys, now that it has turned warmer. Hope you didn't get hit by any of those nasty storms that rolled through the south. My grand daughter and her husband are at Fort Bragg, Fayetteville got hit pretty bad by several tornado a couple of weeks ago. We had a tornado  warning this after noon, a storm cell moved rapidly through the area, it was moving at 55 mph. The storm only took a very short period of time to move from south of us to north of us.

God bless and keep you well,

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on Apr 28, 2011 9:46 AM

So glad to see you posting, prayers & beady hugs heading your way so that you both feel better soon.  Take care

MelindaB ~ Juneau, Alaska USA

When you dream ... what are you wearing?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about Learning to Dance in the rain!

Authors UNKNOWNEmbarrassed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 817
JanineB@7 wrote
on Apr 28, 2011 4:15 PM

I miss the both of you and hope that you will feel well enough to join in on the fun in the near future.

Pain is not a good thing and it can really drag you down....Wishing both you and Pam some comfort.

Please do not be a stranger, as you are both missed greatly,

Janine

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Jun 2, 2011 8:26 AM

Well, here I am again with more bad news. On top of everything else, I've been evicted out of the lot that I have been renting for the past 14 1/2 years. My sister has given us permission to move on to a piece of land that she has, but there is a mobile home already there that we have to get out of the way first. There is a lot of manual labor to be done and barely any help at all. We had a crew lined up, but there are either busy or hurt when we need them so that isn't much help, ya know. Oh well, we shall prevail and be better off for it in the long haul.

On a good note, my new meds schedule is doing me a lot o good and I feel a lot better a lot more often now. Pam is now hobbling around without her crutches most of the time. When she gets worn out, she uses one, but that is getting better all of the time. A little slower than we expected, but better nonetheless.

Just wanted to check in and let everyone know that we are still alive and kicking, just not as high as we used to. *laughz*

We love and miss all of you and hope to be back full time real soon.

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 520
on Jun 2, 2011 1:04 PM

Wow Billy! So sorry to hear you have to move and the help isn't able to be so helpful after all. It is good to hear that your new meds are working. Good for Pam! Rehabilitation is such hard work! It's okay to not do too much too soon.

Hugs to both of you!

shellie :-)

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Page 3 of 4 (48 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4  Next > | RSS