2011 submissions

This post has 56 Replies | 9 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Feb 5, 2011 4:28 PM

Cynthia we could all help you so you can take some better pics if that's all that's stopping ya!

I know some lovely ladies that encouraged me to enter some things and I wouldn't have won if they didn't!

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,235
popnicute wrote
on Feb 5, 2011 11:33 PM

JSmaz:

Kay, I think you should go ahead and enter.  What's the worst they can say, right?  You're residing here with no intention of leaving so why not?

yeah but it still sucks to get eliminated because i was ineligible to enter. that and that we can't sell the piece just yet. not that my stuff is flying off shelves. lol. but we'll see.. i might enter this to challenge myself!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Feb 6, 2011 1:42 AM

Kay I think you would probably be ok as well but to clear things up beforehand and to prevent any upset if eliminated, just email them and ask. I would think it would be fine.

I would love to see what you come up with Bead Star! So many of your pieces are very intricate, it would be cool to see what you make on a scaled down level!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,235
popnicute wrote
on Feb 6, 2011 10:43 AM

Do you know their email addy? I can't find it :(

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Feb 6, 2011 3:16 PM

I believe it's beadstar@interweave.com Kay.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,235
popnicute wrote
on Feb 8, 2011 4:36 PM

Thanks Jeni!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,260
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Feb 12, 2011 12:39 PM

Kay,

I just read the rules, and the way I read it is 'MUST RESIDE IN US OR CANADA' says nothing about being a legal resident, Beside I believe you are a legal resident, here on a visa. You may not be a legal citizen, but that is completely different than a legal resident.  You didn't swim across the ocean and walk up on our shores, you went through legal channels. 

Just want you to know I am not a lawyer, but that is what I read. Just my Honest opinion.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Feb 13, 2011 8:59 PM

I also am really unhappy with this years rules. I had already started making something for the seed bead category and the under $25 was one of my favorite categories. It is rather unfortunate. 

Not Ranked
Posts 21
Suzy@32 wrote
on Feb 14, 2011 9:30 AM

I think I read someplace they will now have prizes for third place, but I can't remember where I saw it.  Anyone else notice this?

~Suzy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Feb 14, 2011 9:56 AM

I haven't heard anything different Suzy. If you remember where you saw it, please repost it here!

I've emailed Melanie S. who was the editor three weeks ago and haven't received a reply. I then forwarded the email to who is suppose to be the new editor of Bead Star and have not received a reply from that person either.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Feb 16, 2011 7:07 PM

I just went back and checked the rules and they have been slightly re-written. I THINK they are going to choose finalists again. In the original 2011 rules, it said you could post entries all the way up until the end of voting, and it sounded like everyone who entered would have their entry posted online for voting. NOW, it says you have to have your entries in by April 1, and voting doesn't start for several weeks after that. Further down in the rules it says a few things about finalists, so it sounds like now they are going to choose finalists like they always have. Hopefully this is the case. It doesn't say anywhere how many finalists there will be.

It still says NO PRIZES for 3rd or 4th place.

Erin S

www.studioEgallery.etsy.com

Not Ranked
Posts 21
Suzy@32 wrote
on Feb 17, 2011 10:28 AM

Hi everybody,

OK this 3rd prize question was really bugging me so I went back through my emails and found where I got the idea.  In the 2/11/11 email from BeadingDaily, titled "A Special Offer from our Bead Star Sponsors" here is what Kristal said:

Who doesn’t love a contest? And we know how much our Beading Daily peeps love the Bead Star annual contest. You cast over 80,000 votes to select the 45 winning designs in the 2010 Bead Star contest. Without the dedicated support from our sponsors, we would not be able to award the fabulous first, second and third prizes.  And as an incentive to get your entries started for the Bead Star 2011 contest, those sponsors have put together special values just for the Beading Daily subscribers. See below for all the details and good luck.

Then the email goes on to list deals from the Grand Prize, 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place sponsors (some of them, not all I think).  Looking at it again, this is probably just a recap of who sponsored the 2010 prizes. . .

I checked the rules again and noted that in the Winners section they still have not corrected the 2010 dates about when winners will be notified and when they have to submit their jewelry and design instructions.

Oh well. . .

~ Suzy

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 76
on Feb 20, 2011 2:16 PM

Hi Cat,

I have been trying to contemplate how to rework the piece so it would qualify for pearls or crystals or stones but looking at it I would think seed beads it then becomes an issue of ” predominately”  I executed the design in lapis 1 mill beads so small it looks like thread but the cost is so high end I am not sure it would be chosen and I was rewording the same design in 15 mm seed beads  because they would be more affordable and accessible for reproduction if a reader did want to make it.  I wish they had kept it open for both strung and woven I don’t do bead weaving and there are so may contests out there geared just to that

" the future belongs to those who belives in the beauty of their dreams"

Eleanor Roosevelt

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Robin L wrote
on Feb 21, 2011 8:13 AM

Hello, I was reading the rules about submission.  It says you can enter up til 4/1 until the end of voting.  What voting is happening during submission?  Does that mean that those who enter early, as in right now, have a better chance to get votes than those who enter at the end of March?  But then they have voting starting 4/25.  I am confused.  I didn't know about this contest until a few weeks ago, so I want to do things right when I enter.  Those of you who entered before, can you explain what those areas of the rules mean.  Thanks.  Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Feb 22, 2011 5:50 PM

Robin, it appears the rules have been re-written a few times and they are not very clear in a few places. I BELIEVE that the deadline to enter is April 1. Nothing will be posted online before then, so it doesn't matter if you enter earlier than that. Voting starts april 25th, which gives the editors time to go through all the entries and select finalists and get them up online. Again, I am not positive about this--its just my best guess. I would just submit your entries as you get them done.

Erin S

www.studioEgallery.etsy.com

Page 2 of 4 (57 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4  Next > | RSS